[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can we discuss the WRs in Jacksonville?

muck

Ok ... I'm a bit confused about these three guys ...

Reggie Williams = nothing for his first three years in the league ... then, huge performances for his first five games ... then (nearly literally) nothing again for the last four. Who is this guy?

Matt Jones = all over the board when he's healthy ... and hasn't been healthy all that much.

Ernest Wilford = posession receiver and red zone target ... unless Reggie Williams is turning in big games.

...these guys' inconsistency is pretty remarkable...

Has Reggie Williams hit a cold streak in what is going to be viewed as a career turning season when it's all said and done?

Is Matt Jones getting dinged up in his effort to migrate from college QB to NFL WR? Or, is there some other reason he's colosally inconsistent?

Ernest Wilford isn't the athlete that either of the other two guys are, and seems more consistent when given a meaningful amount of time / passes ... will the coaches ever give him a full-time chance?

It seems like RW and MJ have very high ceilings, and EW does not. RW and MJ have Torry Holt / Chad Johnson / Terrell Owens type ceilings ... EW has a Keyshawn Johnson type ceiling.

I just don't know what to make of all this nonsense.

Anyone else make heads or tails of these three WRs?

Anyone else make heads or tails of these three WRs?

Unfortunately, no. I've been trying to follow this all year and have had Jax receivers on and off the roster, never successfully. I do own Matt Jones in one league right now but there's no way I would start him unless I really had to.

I'd appreciate some kind of rationale to the Jax WR situation too.

I was reading an opposing scout's opinion on the Jags earlier this year. He said something to the effect that Matt Jones better make some huge strides this year, because he's the only WR they have that can stretch the field. I think we are seeing that. Jones has been injured and ineffective, making it easier to contain the bigger and slower Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford. Add in a unstable/innaccurate QB environment, and you get what has happened to them this year.

CH ... I can see that. But it still doesn't fully explain what happened to RW after his first five very nice games... or ...why EW is well behind previous years' productivity levels. Are either of those guys hurt and it's not showing up on the injury reports?

Is the reason that RW was able to be productive in the first few games a reflection on the opposing coaches having completely discounted his ability after three nondescript seasons? And, now that he's shown that he can do something, the opposing coaches now at least spend 5 minutes discussing the need to at least know that he's on the field?

Regarding MJ being the only one that can stretch a field ... I thought RW was a bit more of a "Randy Moss / Terrell Owens" type guy (huge and fast), as opposed to a Keyshawn Johnson type guy (huge and slow).

This is strictly my opinion on RW.... Although he started the season putting up good but not spectacular numbers, the change to Garrard completely changed things. It was clear to me that Lefty favored RW and

MJ, where Garrard favors MJ and Wilford. Right now things are crazy as nobody seems to want to catch the damn ball. MJ is clearly rusty. RW needs to get his head out of his ass and start worrying about what's

going on on the field. Wilford had to pull him away from the fans last week as he was seen screaming back at them. Garrard makes a nice 30 yard completion to Cortez hankton but RW gets flagged for holding on the play. On the opposite side of the field. C'mon RW! What the f*ck's up with that? MJ is dropping balls all over the place. FWIW, in 2 of the most recent games the Jags played the Texans. Houston just makes the jags look like a bunch of bumbling idiots. A magic power I'm sure Houston fans wish would carry over to other teams as well as the Jags. I'd stay away from all Jags recievers unless they have a good matchup(Tenn for instance, never Houston). Also, I read that Del Rio was going to give Hankton a more serious look as I'm sure he's getting tired of the inconsistency. I think MJ will come around eventually. RW is a head case IMO.

Another guy Del Rio said he wanted to try and get more involved was Mercedes Lewis. I have to see that to believe it.