[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hats off to recovering injured QB's Brees & Palmer

FishFreak

Mr. Brees, I'll never doubt you again, you're a great QB. I thought you were overrated in San Diego with LT making your life easier but boy was I wrong. You've shown you're a pro bowler and recovered quickly from a scary shoulder injury.

Mr. Palmer, you are an elite QB that hopefully soons gets more shine than Peyton "can't win the big game" Manning. It's hard to believe what Palmer is accomplishing after getting that awful knee injury last January. This guy is a super stud!

Honorable Mention- Chad Pennington. Those of us living in the Tri-State NY area know this guy is soft and has a rubber arm but he's comeback strong to lead the Jets to a solid season. Hats off but I still think he's an overrated bum and certainly not a franchise QB.

Heartbroken- My boy C-Pep looked slow and tentative on a wooden leg. I can only hope C-Pep gets healthy and back to being a Pro Bowl QB otherwise it will be a while before the Fish get back to the playoffs. No Harrington is not the answer. He's done a good job but how far can he take the Fish??? exactly

Brees - amazing. his first few years he was average at best, almost a bust. been pretty phenomenal since

Palmer - I really believe (and sure hope) he is the "next" best QB in the NFL. If you give him time, he'll kill you (as any good QB should).

You're right about an amazing recovery for both.

Pennington - injuries have contributed mightily, but I've always felt he's been less than advertised. Can't say I've seen a ton of games, though.

CPep - too many years since he was an FFL stud. Won't believe he can be again until I see it.

Chad Pennington. Those of us living in the Tri-State NY area know this guy is soft

I really couldn't disagree more on Pennington. Injury prone, sure, but don't forget that he played through a torn rotator cuff throughout the end of 2004 (including the playoffs), and only got hurt the next year because he tried to come back to quickly. I think he's as tough as nails actually.

Edited by Skrappy1

No way! I can't believe how much this is being said in football circles right now. It's LT's year hands down!

If I have a choice between a QB who is on pace for 4,500 yds/30 TDs and resurrecting his offense from mediocre to #1 in the league and a halfback who broke the TD record, I'm going with the QB. No disrespect to LT, who is a phenominal player having a phenominal season, but the Chargers would still be kicking ass with Turner. The Saints would most definitely not be kicking ass with Aaron Brooks or Daunte Culpepper.

I really couldn't disagree more on Pennington. Injury prone, sure, but don't forget that he played through a torn rotator cuff throughout the end of 2004 (including the playoffs), and only got hurt the next year because he tried to come back to quickly. I think he's as tough as nails actually.

He also broke his wrist a few years ago and missed significant time. I'm just not a fan. He's a likeable guy and he's smart, blah blah blah but he's just not that good. His arm has serious limitations and he hasn't played a full season yet. It's quite remarkable what he's doing this year which is why I gave the guy honorable mention but his stats are subpar 14 TD passes, 15 INT's.

If I have a choice between a QB who is on pace for 4,500 yds/30 TDs and resurrecting his offense from mediocre to #1 in the league and a halfback who broke the TD record, I'm going with the QB. No disrespect to LT, who is a phenominal player having a phenominal season, but the Chargers would still be kicking ass with Turner. The Saints would most definitely not be kicking ass with Aaron Brooks or Daunte Culpepper.

All great players are a product of their system and Sean Payton has to be given a lot of credit too. Brees is certainly the straw that stirs the drink in New Orleans but let's not forget about the toys he has to play with- 2 RB's (McCallister & Bush) and a solid WR core with Colston looking like a heck of a player.

LT on the other hand is a one man wrecking crew who carried the Chargers until the diapers came off of Rivers mid way into the season. And don't for a minute think the Chargers would still be kicking ass with Turner. LT is an elite player who has proven year after year to be unstoppable.

All great players are a product of their system and Sean Payton has to be given a lot of credit too. Brees is certainly the straw that stirs the drink in New Orleans but let's not forget about the toys he has to play with- 2 RB's (McCallister & Bush) and a solid WR core with Colston looking like a heck of a player.

LT on the other hand is a one man wrecking crew who carried the Chargers until the diapers came off of Rivers mid way into the season. And don't for a minute think the Chargers would still be kicking ass with Turner. LT is an elite player who has proven year after year to be unstoppable.

The Chargers would still be a very potent offense without LT. Turner obviously isn't on LT's level, but he'd still be running behind the best run-blocking FB in the league (Neal) and a rock-solid O-line. And speaking of toys, LT has Rivers and Gates to open up the field for him, not to mention a play-making defense that ranks 7th in the league in points allowed.

On the other hand, the Saints would be completely screwed without Brees. He's the reason that a 6th-round rookie WR was tearing up the league for the first 10 weeks or so and why fellow nobody Devery Henderson is making a number of big plays downfield. The Saints also have an average defense and wouldn't have a shot at the playoffs if Brooks was still the starting QB.

LT may be a better football player than Brees, but that's not what the MVP is about. Brees is definitely more valuable to his team than LT.

And to think Brees didn't pass the physical for Miami so they chose CPep.....

No kidding. Brees didn't pass the physical, but C-Pep (who floats all of his deep passes because he STILL can't plant properly with that knee) did. What a bunch of political BS.

Edited by Bill Swerski

He also broke his wrist a few years ago and missed significant time. I'm just not a fan. He's a likeable guy and he's smart, blah blah blah but he's just not that good. His arm has serious limitations and he hasn't played a full season yet. It's quite remarkable what he's doing this year which is why I gave the guy honorable mention but his stats are subpar 14 TD passes, 15 INT's.

I understand, and I don't even disagree with a lot of this. But you said that he was "soft" and I think that's way off base. There's a big difference between being injury prone, or whatever else you want to say about Chad, and him being soft.

Edited by Skrappy1

I understand, and I don't even disagree with a lot of this. But you said that he was "soft" and I think that's way off base. There's a big difference between being injury prone, or whatever else you want to say about Chad, and him being soft.

Being injury prone and soft go hand in hand.

And to think Brees didn't pass the physical for Miami so they chose CPep.....

We'll see what happens long term. It's always easier to second guess what happens after the fact especially in a "what have you done for me lately league". I can only hope C-Pep gets back to form otherwise giving up a 2nd rounder AND passing on Brees are the types of moves that can hold a franchise back for years.

The Chargers would still be a very potent offense without LT. Turner obviously isn't on LT's level, but he'd still be running behind the best run-blocking FB in the league (Neal) and a rock-solid O-line. And speaking of toys, LT has Rivers and Gates to open up the field for him, not to mention a play-making defense that ranks 7th in the league in points allowed.

Rivers doesn't open up the field for LT. LT opens up the field for Rivers which is a huge difference.

On the other hand, the Saints would be completely screwed without Brees. He's the reason that a 6th-round rookie WR was tearing up the league for the first 10 weeks or so and why fellow nobody Devery Henderson is making a number of big plays downfield. The Saints also have an average defense and wouldn't have a shot at the playoffs if Brooks was still the starting QB.

That's definately true and a solid point but not enough to offset what LT is doing.

LT may be a better football player than Brees, but that's not what the MVP is about. Brees is definitely more valuable to his team than LT.

Bottom line- LT & the Chargers are 11-2 in the AFC. Brees & the Saints are 9-4 in the NFC. LT is the league MVP.

Bottom line- LT & the Chargers are 11-2 in the AFC. Brees & the Saints are 9-4 in the NFC. LT is the league MVP. The Saints would struggle to be a .500 team without Brees. The Chargers would be a playoff team without LT. Brees is more "valuable" to his team and, hence, the Most VALUABLE Player.

Fixed

Edited by Bill Swerski