[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Only One RB Required

Barbarian

Our commissioner wants to change our starting lineup requirements next year from 2 RBs to 1 RB and replace the other with a flex position (RB or WR or TE) next year. We've been using 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D.

This is a ten team league.

Does anyone play in a league requiring only one starting RB? If so, how is that working out?

Any input is appreciated.

Barbarian

Edited by Barbarian

I have a 1 RB requirement in a couple leagues, but they are of bigger leagues. So the strategy is different but works well.

But for smaller leagues like yours, the RB scarcity does not exist and needing to start only 1 RB is not advisable there.

Given that you have the option of starting 2 RBs, I don't think that your strategy is going to be any different, particularly in a 10 team league.

Your proposed flex lineup gives you a little bit of flexibity on bye weeks or if your RBs are depleted because of injury or maybe by chance you have 3 hugh WRs.

If you can only start one RB, then RBs lose quite a bit of value.

Edited by Furd

We use...

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 Q

1 D

1 K

and two flex (WR,TE,RB)

It really helps with byeweeks and such. I like it. Most people do end up playing 2 or 3 RBs anyway - but they aren't screwed if they have an injury or two.

Edited by Duchess Jack