[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cleveland Browns

KevinL

OK so the Browns went 0-6 in division vs the Ravens(11-3), Bengals (8-6), & Steelers(7-7). This is absolutely awful and must improve. Two of the games were close, week 3 vs Baltimore and week 11 vs Pittsburgh, and required last minute scoring drives by the opponent to win. Two other games were competitive and two were embarassing blowouts.

But as things stand, the 3 division opponents include 2 playoff teams and the defending Super Bowl champ. Is there a division with 3 better teams?

Baltimore is 7-2 out of division, beating the Chargers, Saints, Titans, Falcons, Chiefs.

Pittsburgh is 5-5 out of divsion, with wins against Miami, KC, New Orleans, & Carolina

The Bengals are just 4-5 out of division, but have beaten the Chiefs, Panthers, & Saints.

Saints are 1-3 vs the AFC North and Chiefs are 0-4!!!

Out of division, the Browns are 4-4 with 2 games left vs Tampa Bay & Houston. Could very possibly end up at 6-4.

Teams the Browns beat:

Oakland (2-12) (away)

NY Jets (8-6) (home)

Atlanta (7-7) (away)

Kansas City (7-7) (home)

Oakland is bad but the other 3 are all fighting for playoff spots.

Teams the Browns lost to:

New Orleans (9-5) (home) (NO 19, CLE 14)

Carolina (6-8) (away) (CAR 20, CLE 12)

Denver (8-6) (home) (DEN 17, CLE 7)

San Diego (12-2)(away) (SD 32, CLE 25)

Carolina is easily the worst team the Browns lost to, and even they have a chance at the playoffs. San Diego & New Orleans are both in, while Denver is a leading wild-card contender.

I realize the Browns are 4-10 and have not had much attention, and outside of Winslow and maybe Edwards, the fantasy options are pretty poor, but as a team, don't they deserve a little bit of respect?

Bottom line, in their first 14 games, the Browns played exactly 2 teams that currently have losing records, Oakland and Carolina. Has any other team played a schedule with anything close to this level of difficulty?

It's because of inconsistency. It's because Edwards can't keep his head in the game. There was a play last Sunday where Anderson threw the ball to a spot. Not unlike many timing routes in the league. And Edwards wasn't at the spot. A QB has too much going on to worry about the WR not being at that spot. Edwards was beat by McAllister and didn't fight for positioning. Edwards doesn't pay attention to detail.

Kellen Winslow has been a beast catching the ball. Word is is that next year, when the knee is healthier, they will work on his blocking. We all know about his lack of wanting to hit someone. Unless that someone isn't looking.

Joe Jurevicius should have been playing a hell of a lot more than Northcutt. I won't be sad seeing Northcutt leave.

not so bad. it sounds corny, but i think they need an on the field leader...Winslow and Edwards ain't it.(yet)

There is no difference maker on that field on either side of the ball. On most NFL teams there are a couple guys on both sides of the ball that can single handedly give your team a boost or get them out of a jam.

But it has been this way since they came back in the league. I think they have 1 pro-bowl entry in the last 9 years and that was Jamir Miller forever and a day ago.

the team is full of guys with big egos, selfish players. this is a known fact among the organization. i watch a lot of their games and even if you didnt already know this, the casual fan can see it just by watching how separated the players are on the sidelines and their demeanor. when i watch teams like the steelers, ravens, and chargers, you can see the chemistry. you know that they are a tight group because guys are always supporting each other on the sideline and on the field. they watch the game as a team and play like a team. when you watch the browns i see more players standing alone and just staring than any team i have ever watched. they just lack that team unity and fire.

We'll we shall all see this weekend if they can beat my Bucs, who have had an even harder schedule than the Browns. Bucs vs Browns to see who sucks more!!! :D

Bucs have played 3 sub-500 teams (Washington 5-9, Carolina 6-8 twice), compared to the Browns 2 (Oakland 2-12, Carolina 6-8). Bucs have played 4 500 teams (Atlanta twice, NY Giants, Pittsburgh). Browns have played x 500 teams (Atlanta, Pittsburgh twice, Kansas City). Bucs have played 1 team with 10+ wins (Chicago 12-2), Browns have played 3 (Baltimore 11-3 twice, San Diego 12-2).

Tampa's schedule has been tough but it's difficult to argue that it's any tougher than Cleveland's.

Bucs have played 3 sub-500 teams (Washington 5-9, Carolina 6-8 twice), compared to the Browns 2 (Oakland 2-12, Carolina 6-8). Bucs have played 4 500 teams (Atlanta twice, NY Giants, Pittsburgh). Browns have played x 500 teams (Atlanta, Pittsburgh twice, Kansas City). Bucs have played 1 team with 10+ wins (Chicago 12-2), Browns have played 3 (Baltimore 11-3 twice, San Diego 12-2).

Tampa's schedule has been tough but it's difficult to argue that it's any tougher than Cleveland's.

We'll I guess you are right. NFL.com says the Bucs and the Browns Streagth of Schedule are both .566........So I guess they have played the same tough schedule. Good luck on Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference