[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS at RB/WR

JetFanMike

These are actually 2 different teams...

Team 1 -- in Superbowl, I'm a big favorite.... I started Driver at one WR last night; he didn't do what

I was hoping for, but didn't kill me either. Who should be my other WR -- Marvin Harrison

or Marques Colston?

Harrison has been red-hot lately, but has some wrist problems, has to share catches with Reggie Wayne,

and could be in a blowout vs. the Texans where Addai and Rhodes get a lot of carries. But he

IS Marvin Harrison.

Colston seems to be getting healthier every week, has a great matchup against the Giants, but has to

share catches with Reggie Bush and Devery Henderson.

I'm currently leaning towards Marvin simply BECAUSE I'm a big favorite, and I don't want to risk Brees

and Colston both getting shut down. Plus my opponent has Deuce McAlister, and if he has a big

game that could adversely affect Brees and Colston and hurt me. What do you guys think?

Team #2 -- in Superbowl (actually covers 2 weeks) -- I sat Chester last night and need to pick another

RB to play alongside Gore. I've got it narrowed down to Maurice Jones-Drew or Ron

Dayne. Mojo has a tougher matchup vs. the Pats, but has been a monster lately, and

should get most of the carries with Fred Taylor possibly out. But Dayne has been very

consistent and reliable lately, and is probably a better bet to go for 100 yards and a TD.

Even in a blowout, I think the Texans will keep giving him the ball.

I also have Travis Henry, and while he's probably got a good upside, I think he's the only

one of the three likely to have a complete flop game -- Vince could get any running TD's

Please let me know what you think -- I'll be answering a bunch of yours later today (I think I'm up to

about 40 answered for the week!)

These are actually 2 different teams...

Team 1 -- in Superbowl, I'm a big favorite.... I started Driver at one WR last night; he didn't do what

I was hoping for, but didn't kill me either. Who should be my other WR -- Marvin Harrison

or Marques Colston?

Harrison has been red-hot lately, but has some wrist problems, has to share catches with Reggie Wayne,

and could be in a blowout vs. the Texans where Addai and Rhodes get a lot of carries. But he

IS Marvin Harrison.

Colston seems to be getting healthier every week, has a great matchup against the Giants, but has to

share catches with Reggie Bush and Devery Henderson.

I'm currently leaning towards Marvin simply BECAUSE I'm a big favorite, and I don't want to risk Brees

and Colston both getting shut down. Plus my opponent has Deuce McAlister, and if he has a big

game that could adversely affect Brees and Colston and hurt me. What do you guys think?

Team #2 -- in Superbowl (actually covers 2 weeks) -- I sat Chester last night and need to pick another

RB to play alongside Gore. I've got it narrowed down to Maurice Jones-Drew or Ron

Dayne. Mojo has a tougher matchup vs. the Pats, but has been a monster lately, and

should get most of the carries with Fred Taylor possibly out. But Dayne has been very

consistent and reliable lately, and is probably a better bet to go for 100 yards and a TD.

Even in a blowout, I think the Texans will keep giving him the ball.

I also have Travis Henry, and while he's probably got a good upside, I think he's the only

one of the three likely to have a complete flop game -- Vince could get any running TD's

Please let me know what you think -- I'll be answering a bunch of yours later today (I think I'm up to

about 40 answered for the week!)

Okay, I've done my Harrison research. I watched the game last week as well. In the 4th he alligator-armed a couple of passes. He says it's his fingers, possibly the elbow, but will not let team physicians examine him. In other words, it's an ongoing problem and he will play through it. However, you do risk (not much, I might add) that the guy catches a few balls in the first half and they work Ricky Proehl or some other WR/TE into the mix vs. HOU to give their O a new wrinkle. These are big IFs mind you but do they need to overwork Harrison vs. HOU but then again the Colts are #2 in the AFC and tied with the Ravens for a first round bye. Harrison looks solid.

To me, Colston looks a little better. I understand the hesitation with the Brees hook-up but the theory is start your best players with the best matchups. Or as Grits would say, "Start the player who will score the most points." Regardless of team, QB-WR tandem, etc. IMHO, Colston is the play. Marvin will not catch 3 TDs this week but, then again, I've been wrong before.

From everything I've just read Fred Taylor seems to be out this week but Jones has a sore knee and Toefield could figure in this mix. It would be tough to sit MJD. Take into account, in addition to injuries, the Pats always pour it on this time of year and should stuff the rookie and Garrardand force them to the air. Not the Jags strong point. Dayne has been playing well the past three games with 95, 87, and 94 yards. Plus, 3 TDs in 3 games. Not bad. But Jones could probably give you that with some more upside. I would play MJD here.

Edited by Gros Membres!

Thanks for the insight and opinion. I read somewhere this morning that Proehl might not play, so that's not too big an issue. I wish I had all your comments yesterday -- I think they would have convinced me not to use Driver (although you may be one of the guys who recommended that I should!). I may go Colston, but hopefully get more opinions...

I actually have MJD in another league and am starting him there, I'd like to maximize my chances of winning at least one league, which is one of the reasons I was going to go with Dayne here. I think I've started MJD once all year, because I just have this fear that when I finally DO start him he'll get hurt on the first play of the game...

I need to toss about 100 coins on both of these... or at least get more inputs to look at. thanks again...

I'd start MJD, he has the upside and if he's shut down on the groud, he'll break a swing pass. Plus, the Pats defense is severely overrated.

Your WR is a tough one, but because of the problems the Saints Offense had last week, I expect big things from Brees and company. Go with Colston. The Colts will have a huge lead and stop passing after 2 1/2 quarters.

I guess I'm in the minority here... I really like Colston and Dayne this week. Not that MJD will have a bad week but I think Dayne will be over a hundred yards and could have multiple TDs, whereas I think the Pats/Jags game with be low scoring and a very tough defensive battle. I feel the Jag corners can line up one on one with the Pats WRs and therefore devote more attttention on stopping the running game. The Colts just can't stop the run and even Dayne will be able to gash them.

Thanks -- I'm willing to toss a coin on the Dayne/Drew-Jones choice. I actually am starting Drew-Jones ahead of Ronnie Brown in another league, so maybe I will go with Dayne here just for variety. Or maybe if I start Mojo Drew here I'll start Brown in my other league. But in the overall scheme of things, I'm not even that concerned with those decisions...

My WR question is still killing me -- this is the most I've ever agonized :D over a decision in a looooong time.

Here are the lineups in question

Me :tup: -- Drew Brees (vs. Giants), Frank Gore (vs. Ariz), Ladell Betts (vs. StL), Donald Driver (vs. Minn),

either Harrison or Colston, Antonio Gates (vs. Seattle), Nate Kaeding (vs. Seattle), and KC def (vs. Oak)

Him :clap: -- JP Losman (vs. Tenn), FWP (vs. Ravens :bash: ), Deuce McAlister (vs. Giants), Steve Smith (vs.Atl),

Joey Galloway (vs. Browns), Alge Crumpler (vs. Car), David Akers (vs. Cowboys), and Cin def (vs. Den)

I think I'm much stronger than him on paper, given FWP's matchup and Smith's lack of a QB to get him the ball. So I think the only way I lose is if he overachieves AND I do badly. And the only way I see that happening is if for some reason the Saints run the ball a lot, and Deuce gets all the points. That would hurt Brees AND Colston. So by playing Harrison, I'm kind of buying insurance -- if I screw myself out of a great game by

Colston, I still know Brees will get me points, and Deuce probably won't. In other words, even if I don't start Colston, I root for him to catch a lot of passes. Does this make sense? :D

I am sooooo confused. But I really want to win this. I was #4 seed/wild card, and I'm playing the guy who won my division, who's been trashtalking since I started the season 2-3. He finished a game and a half ahead of me despite the fact that I had more points, and I reealllly don't want to listen to him all winter.

HEEEELLLLPPPPPP me! Thanks very much!!!

I will be answering a bunch of posts later today, as of about an hour ago I think I'd gotten pretty much the whole front page...

Gee -- if I was overconfident I wouldn't be asking. The fact that I'm a big favorite makes it that much worse if I lose.

Thanks to all of you guys for the input.

A few people have said Clston here but you seem to make a good case for Harrison. If you like insurance, then go for it. Personally, I like his lineup and think has a pretty good shot at the title (Losman has been tossing multiple TDs for the past couple of weeks, Rattay could breathe serious life into Galloway this week, I could see Steve Smith rebounding nicely and gashing ATL's secondary, and Deuce having an excpetional game controlling the clock against the depleted Giants D).

In the end... If your gut says Harrison go with him and don't think back. Relying on my advice or someone else's will only cause you pain here. It's nice to have the info but if yo like Harrison then go with him. If you lose due the choice can't say I didn't try to persuade you to play Colston.

Thanks -- I'm actually gonna be traveling tomorrow, and not know anything until halfway through the late games, but unless I decide to switch at 5AM tomorrow I think I'm gonna go with my gut and play Harrison. I think Colston's a great player, but lately the Saints seem to use Devery for the long ball, and if Colston is their possession guy he's sharing with Bush.

And thanks for all the input -- I would never blame anyone for their advice -- personally, it's the comments in insight I look for more than anything.

If the Chiefs put up a good score for me tonight, that will help too....

Good luck to all you guys too...

Hey guys -- thanks again for all your help -- been away for a while -- stuck in the snow in Denver!!! I won my main league, and I was right about the other guy's tough matchups -- final score 121-54, and Willie Parker and Steve Smith combined for one point for him. Starting Marvin worked for me, and as I said might happen, Deuce had the best game of the Saints, so sitting Colston worked. And thanks to Gore's 20 points and Betts' 26, sitting Rudi's 18 points was even the right move.

In my other two leagues, finals are 2 week matchups, and I lead in both. My RB decisions weren't a big deal -- I made the wrong choice, but still got 27 from Dayne (instead of 31 from Jones-Drew). In the last league, I started Jones-Drew (alongside SJax), and that worked great. I'll probably have a couple of last minute questions for this week's "second half" of the finals in those two leagues.

But just figured I'd let all the folks who were so helpful know it's appreciated!!