[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vacation Timeshares

Sharpie

I don't really know who to ask so I guess I'll post this were I post 99% of my questions...at thehuddle.

I'm going to a timeshare preview vacation with my wife in the next few months. I anticipate a pretty heavy sales pitch as the tour is 90 minutes long. I assume at some point I'll be presented with various packages and such.

We have discussed vacation timeshares off and on for a few years now and think it might be best for us as vacation and free time is short...to short to justify the cost and upkeep of a summer home or cottage.

I have a couple questions that maybe some of you can help me with.

1. Are the packages negotiable? While I might like what is being offered, I'd be interested to know what kind of wiggle room is in the price.

2. Is anyone else involved in a time share that they are pleased with? This outfit is Bluegreen which seems to have plenty of locations...which is nice. We're in Michigan with two young children so sometimes being within 6 hours would be best while other times it might be nice to traver further.

If you can post any links that are helpful, I'd certainly appreciate it.

I don't really know who to ask so I guess I'll post this were I post 99% of my questions...at thehuddle.

I'm going to a timeshare preview vacation with my wife in the next few months. I anticipate a pretty heavy sales pitch as the tour is 90 minutes long. I assume at some point I'll be presented with various packages and such.

We have discussed vacation timeshares off and on for a few years now and think it might be best for us as vacation and free time is short...to short to justify the cost and upkeep of a summer home or cottage.

I have a couple questions that maybe some of you can help me with.

1. Are the packages negotiable? While I might like what is being offered, I'd be interested to know what kind of wiggle room is in the price.

The price is negotiable, but the length of time usually is not.

2. Is anyone else involved in a time share that they are pleased with? This outfit is Bluegreen which seems to have plenty of locations...which is nice. We're in Michigan with two young children so sometimes being within 6 hours would be best while other times it might be nice to traver further.

If you have the time to use all of you time share time every year then it is not all that bad of a deal, but if you don't have all that much time, or if you are locked into a certain week, then it may not be that good of a deal. You might look at some of the Time Share Exchange agencies to see what other resorts you can trade a week of your for.

If you can post any links that are helpful, I'd certainly appreciate it.