[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't tell Belichick

Randall

Actually, it did. They made it one game further than they did last year.

So without McGinest, Branch, Givens, and Vinatieri, they had a better record and advanced further in the playoffs. Not to mention, their kicking game was flawless (in the post season).

It will be a big loss if they can't resign him, and their history with DBs ready to cash in isn't great (Law & Milloy).

My take is I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do sign him, but not shocked if Asante cashes in on the open market.

BTW, how are your Dolphins doing?

And now they have a further aging D with the exception of a star DB who is likely to cash in somewhere else, and slim pickings at WR. To think that the Patriots "game" is rising more than say (the Jets, or the Chargers) would be wishful thinking IMO. If they happen to meet either of those teams in the playoffs next year, I think there may be a different outcome unless they finally decide that paying really good players ain't that bad of an idea sometimes. I don't think anyone would argue against the fact that Branch would have given NE a better chance at putting the game away yesterday.

As for the phins ... I am optimistic. After all, Saban is now where he wants to be, Ricky will be back in time for another suspension, an aging defense, and we have a QB situation ... ain't hardly anywhere to go but up. from there.

would it have mattered if they were one inch. i don't have blinding patriot hatred. i still remember what the pats were like for many years on end ... must give the lions fans hope too.

oh wow..you remember what they were like for years on end? wow..impressive...im sure the last 6 years havent changed the way you feel about them one bit though

So without McGinest, Branch, Givens, and Vinatieri, they had a better record and advanced further in the playoffs. Not to mention, their kicking game was flawless (in the post season).

Try that without Brady. :D

It will be a big loss if they can't resign him, and their history with DBs ready to cash in isn't great (Law & Milloy).

My take is I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do sign him, but not shocked if Asante cashes in on the open market.

They definitely could have used Law though.

Samuel has developed into a very good CB. For NE's sake, I hope that they can keep him. If I were BB, I'd consider dumping Dillon if cap room precluded re-signing him.

i'm guessing that might be it for Dillon regardless. what'll he be? 33 at the start of next year i believe. and he was used sparingly in the last couple games. i don't think there's much left there. i guess he could hang as a short-yardage guy.