[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm so far behind on Sopranos

CarryTheRock

...No spoilers please.

I never got into the Sopranos until a few years ago. We started getting them on Netflix since we didn't have cable and watching them back to back. I stopped then early in season four.

Fast Forward 2007...I have a boy who is 3 now and have to sneak an episode while he is sleeping because he repeats EVERYTHING he hears. I forgot how much I love this show! I picked up on Season four recently where I left off on HBO On Demand and was rolling right along. On Demand went down this week and I was pissed! Luckily, my lovely wife is a librarian. Knowing my pain she calls me last night to ask which episode I was on. She brought me the last two discs for season four from work.

I had read about what happened to Ralph in the bathtub but didn't know why or what happened. I didn't see that coming anyway when I just watched the episode.

Sopranos I'm so happy to have you back in my life. :D

...No spoilers please.

I never got into the Sopranos until a few years ago. We started getting them on Netflix since we didn't have cable and watching them back to back. I stopped then early in season four.

Fast Forward 2007...I have a boy who is 3 now and have to sneak an episode while he is sleeping because he repeats EVERYTHING he hears. I forgot how much I love this show! I picked up on Season four recently where I left off on HBO On Demand and was rolling right along. On Demand went down this week and I was pissed! Luckily, my lovely wife is a librarian. Knowing my pain she calls me last night to ask which episode I was on. She brought me the last two discs for season four from work.

I had read about what happened to Ralph in the bathtub but didn't know why or what happened. I didn't see that coming anyway when I just watched the episode.

Sopranos I'm so happy to have you back in my life. :D

Do you want to know how Ralph was killed??? He wasn't killed in the bathtub. Just askin'.

Do you want to know how Ralph was killed??? He wasn't killed in the bathtub. Just askin'.

Oh no...That was the episode that I finally got ot see tonight. I always assumed it was "business." was surprised how it really went down.

Was it that bad?

I wouldn't say to skip it by any means, but if you take the end of season 5 and the end of season 6 and ask yourself "What happened?", I'm not sure that the plot was advanced. Some real unnecessary story arcs.

I wouldn't say to skip it by any means, but if you take the end of season 5 and the end of season 6 and ask yourself "What happened?", I'm not sure that the plot was advanced. Some real unnecessary story arcs.

:D Considering how much life the series has in it I think I have to watch every episode.

:D Considering how much life the series has in it I think I have to watch every episode.

The show has drastically dropped in quality the passed few seasons. I used to be one of those die-hards who watched it every week and couldn't wait for the next season. Then the seasons got farther apart. Then they would drop major storylines without mention (the Russian Mob?).

Soon enough I stopped feelign like having to watch it first-run on Sunday, and would wait until anytime during the week to catch it. Then the episodes got really self-indulgent with dream sequences. And more time between seasons. By the start of last season, it was really just on cruise control in a bad way, nowhere near the quality it was in the early seasons and people were saying it was great because that was just what mass market public opninion was.

In fact, after the last season and the multi-epsiode Vito (** edited to remove a spoiler**) storyline to end so pointlessly (why even bother if they are going to end it that way? What a waste of a great potential plotline) I have decided that's it-- I don't even care how this show ends. HBO has way better shows that deserve the attention, like The Wire.

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

I enjoy watching obese people eat...

The prime example of living of a great season or two with nothing worth these kind of waits for fans the past two seasons. I'll of course finish watching the series but it isn't really worthy of my time.

It doesn't suck but it is a disappointment at every turn.