[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball Draft

ebartender

I got the #4 pick in a 12 team head to head keeper league (1st year). Pujols should go #1 which will leave me with one of the following Howard, Reyes, A-Rod, Santana, or Soriano. We keep 2 pitchers, 2 hitters, and 1 rookie. Who would you hope drops to you at #4?

I got the #4 pick in a 12 team head to head keeper league (1st year). Pujols should go #1 which will leave me with one of the following Howard, Reyes, A-Rod, Santana, or Soriano. We keep 2 pitchers, 2 hitters, and 1 rookie. Who would you hope drops to you at #4?

A-rod, Reyes, Howard in that order IMO. A-Rod put up great numbers even though it was a bad year, his bad year is a lotbetter than most people's good years, reyes and howard have only done it for one year will they improve, slump a little, or get better personally I like Ortiz better than reyes and howard.

A-rod, Reyes, Howard in that order IMO. A-Rod put up great numbers even though it was a bad year, his bad year is a lotbetter than most people's good years, reyes and howard have only done it for one year will they improve, slump a little, or get better personally I like Ortiz better than reyes and howard.

In a keeper league though?

Way wrong. I watched Howard in the minors and was blessed to snag him in a keeper. He is my #1 1B and if he falls to me I'd take him no questions asked.

you playing to win this year or next?

I guess a bit of both. I want to win this year, but if I can draft younger players who could produce now and for the long run that is even better. I guess my question is how do you choose between say A-Rod, Howard, or Reyes in a keeper league.

I guess a bit of both. I want to win this year, but if I can draft younger players who could produce now and for the long run that is even better. I guess my question is how do you choose between say A-Rod, Howard, or Reyes in a keeper league.

I would go Howard without thinking twice. the guy is for real and is young. being it is a keeper I see doing nothing else if he is out there.

That being said..he should be gone before pick 4. I think if those are the choices you have decided on I would go with Reyes over Rodriguez because of age. but I would go Chase Utley myself at 4. the guy is young and plays a position where there is noone even close to him as far as stats. plus he is young.

I would go Howard without thinking twice. the guy is for real and is young. being it is a keeper I see doing nothing else if he is out there.

That being said..he should be gone before pick 4. I think if those are the choices you have decided on I would go with Reyes over Rodriguez because of age. but I would go Chase Utley myself at 4. the guy is young and plays a position where there is noone even close to him as far as stats. plus he is young.

I thought about Utley too. It obviously would give me a big advantage at 2B, but I think #4 is a little high for Utley.

I thought about Utley too. It obviously would give me a big advantage at 2B, but I think #4 is a little high for Utley.

For me it would either be Utley or Santana just because of the difference between them and the next best at their positions.

Being it is a keeper draft and in its 1st year it should be a enjoyable draft. you will have to keep us updated. I would love to see how it ended up.

For me it would either be Utley or Santana just because of the difference between them and the next best at their positions.

Being it is a keeper draft and in its 1st year it should be a enjoyable draft. you will have to keep us updated. I would love to see how it ended up.

I will definitely post the rosters after the draft. I grew up with most of the owners of the league. We are doing the draft a little different. We are using a slow draft that will start on 3/5/07 and end whenever (before the season of course). Each owner will have as much time as they need to make their picks. If the draft is moving too slow and it doesn't look like it will finish before opening day then we will set a date for a live draft to complete the rest of the draft. The reason for this is because most of us live in Philly but a few guys live in California. I think the slow draft will benefit me since I am new to fantasy baseball so there isn't as much pressure to make my pick.

Edited by ebartender

The problem with keeper leagues is that people feel that all their early picks have to be on young guys that they can keep for the future which is fine. A lot depends on the keeper rule of how long can you keep a player for and what is the price for keeping him and how many keepers do you keep every year. most non-auction keepers are for 2-3 yrs then you have to throw them back. Keeper league are different than dynasty leagues.

I play to win every year. trust me if you win you will have players worth keeping.I pick the best available player I do not let age influence my picks until later in the draft when i'm looking for upside. but that 's just me. oh my credentials, I play in a 10 team AL only auction, 40 man roster, 23 man active rostert hat has been going on for over 25 yrs with 5 of the original owners, still active. I have won it the last three years in a row.

And I've seen more than my share of mocks this year and in 75% of them Howard is there for th 4th pick.

Edited by SLAYER

What I've seen and read so far the first three are: Pujols, Santana, Soriano/Howard

Which gives you a lot of options. Howard is a great pick at 4th, so is A-Rod and Reyes. If Howard is gone I'd go for Soriano over Reyes and A-Rod. Or if you have a go for Santana then pull the trigger... so

Here are my options at 4th pick

1) Howard

2) Soriano

3) Santana

On the turn around you'll have the 22nd pick which will give you a shot at Hanley Ramirez which is still a great option on a Keeper League (You might also be looking at Teixeira, Holliday, Wells, Bay, etc).

Draft starts tomorrow at 8AM. Since it is a slow draft (probably last 2 weeks) I will try to post the results every so often.

3rd Round

1 - Ichiro

2 - Jimmy Rollins

3 - Justin Morneau

4 - Matt Holliday (me)

5 - Jake Peavy

6 - Hanlet Ramirez

7 - Roy Oswalt

8 - Francisco Rodriguez

9 - Brandon Webb

10 - Roy Halladay

11 - Ben Sheets

12 - Aramis Ramirez

4th Round

1 - Felix Hernandez

2 - Vernon Wells

3 - Jason Bay

4 - Andruw Jones

5 - Dontrelle Willis

6 - Derrek lee

7 - Victor J. Martinez

8 - Robinson Cano

9 - Brett Meyers (me)

10 - Josh Beckett

11 - Jason Schmidt

12 - Cole Hamels

There was a run on pitchers in these two rounds. I already made my 5th round pick (Garrett Atkins) and will post the round when it is complete. I am thinking I better start getting some pitchers. Maybe my next two picks depending on who is out there.

Sabathia, Lackey, Bonderman, Kazmir, Young, Harang, Verlander, Bedard... some other SP you might consider.

Now Lackey, Kazmir 2-3 rds Young,Bedard, Verlander

12 team and Atkins lasted until the 5th. lucky,very lucky I haven't seen him make it out of the 3rd.

Edited by SLAYER

Now Lackey, Kazmir 2-3 rds Young,Bedard, Verlander

12 team and Atkins lasted until the 5th. lucky,very lucky I haven't seen him make it out of the 3rd.

I got Lackey in the 6th and Matt Cain in the 7th. I'll post those rounds tonight.