[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reasons to fire Coach Tubby...

Rockerbraves

Are all these reasons given by UK fans true?

Truth or Fiction?

First UK coach to go 8 straight years without a final four.

First UK coach to have to play on Thursday in an SEC tournament since the expansion to the current 12 team format.

The First UK coach to lose 10 or more games three years in a row, and 4 of the last 7 years.

The first UK coach to lose to Vandy in Rupp

The first UK coach to be swept by Vandy in a season in 32 years

The first UK coach to lose 4 straight to an SEC opponent in 30 years.

Only coach to lose to Ole Miss at Rupp

Only coach to lose to Vandy twice at Rupp

Only coach to lose 4 home games to SEC Opponents

More Home losses than any previous UK coach

Most Double Digit loss seasons of any UK coach

1st UK coach to not finish at least 2nd in the East since the SEC expansion

Most transfers and problem players of any UK coach

Never recruited a player to play in a final four in 16 years as a head coach

Fewest NBA draft picks of any coach with at least 5 years (only 2 1st rounders in 10 years)

47% of his recruits don't make their senior year

Current 5 game losing streak to florida could soon be a new record

Only coach with the overall #1 seed in the NCAA to lose in the 2nd round

Lowest Average Points Scored Per Game since the 3 point shot was introduced

Worst loss to Indiana ever (26 points)

Only UK coach to lose consecutive games to Kansas

Worst Loss on Senior Day since 1919

Only UK coach with a losing record vs Michigan State (2-4)

Only coach to ever lose to a number 1 ranked team at rupp.

Only coach to ever begin the season ranked in the top 10 and finish the season unranked.

Worst average attendance at Rupp Arena for one season, under Tubby (00-01 avg.21,014), since it opened in 1976.

Rupp Arena hasn't averaged 23,000+ since the 98-99 season.

I must admit to my ignorance of UK Hoops. I know of Rupp, Pitino and Tubby. Who were their other coaches? Who was the UK Coach pre-Pitino? IMO opinion, unless you have a golden boy out there somewhere, ready to pick up the reigns of one of the most prestigious programs in college athletics, I say stick with the guy. You could do a lot worse.

As a UNC fan and alumnus, it wouyld have been easy to nit pick the coach who followed Dean Smith for not getting 20 wins or past the sweet sixteen every year. But is that really fair? It's never easy to follow a legend and programs must falter a touch from time to time.

Maybe it's time for Tubby to go, maybe it's not. I'm in no position to say. Who are you going to replace him with?

I must admit to my ignorance of UK Hoops. I know of Rupp, Pitino and Tubby. Who were their other coaches? Who was the UK Coach pre-Pitino? IMO opinion, unless you have a golden boy out there somewhere, ready to pick up the reigns of one of the most prestigious programs in college athletics, I say stick with the guy. You could do a lot worse.

As a UNC fan and alumnus, it wouyld have been easy to nit pick the coach who followed Dean Smith for not getting 20 wins or past the sweet sixteen every year. But is that really fair? It's never easy to follow a legend and programs must falter a touch from time to time.

Maybe it's time for Tubby to go, maybe it's not. I'm in no position to say. Who are you going to replace him with?

Joe B Hall replaced the legendary Rupp. Like you I'm not a Kentucky BB fan and I'm certainly not calling for Tubby to be fired. Just thought if all these reasons given by UK fans are true I could certainly understand them wanted to explore other coaching candidates. There was no link so that's why I asked truth or fiction.

Joe B Hall replaced the legendary Rupp. Like you I'm not a Kentucky BB fan and I'm certainly not calling for Tubby to be fired. Just thought if all these reasons given by UK fans are true I could certainly understand them wanted to explore other coaching candidates. There was no link so that's why I asked truth or fiction.

most if not all is truth, when tubby won the NCAA he did it with Pitino's recruits. but then like you said who is going to replace him. there are young candidates out there that can do the job.

most if not all is truth, when tubby won the NCAA he did it with Pitino's recruits. but then like you said who is going to replace him. there are young candidates out there that can do the job.

Just out of curiosity, who would they go for? I suppose they could lure away Donovan. I know that UF has had a lot of success of late, but UK is still a step up in terms of basketball prestige. I would think that he was too slick for Lexington, but then Pitino coached there, and he's as slick as they come.

I think the coach at Gonzaga would accept a bigger gig. Mark Few?

Who would be the prime candidates?

Edited by billay

Just out of curiosity, who would they go for? I suppose they could lure away Donovan. I know that UF has had a lot of success of late, but UK is still a step up in terms of basketball prestige. I would think that he was too slick for Lexington, but then Pitino coached there, and he's as slick as they come.

Tony Bennet for one.

Tony Bennet for one.

No offense to Mr. Bennet, who is having a nice season, but isn't he in his first season with Washinton St? Is this his first head coaching gig? I doubt they'll go for such a young coach to head such a big program. Matt Doherety was a young coach and the sheer enormity of the universe surrounding UNC hoops overwhelmed him. How would Bennet be different? I would think KU would learn from UNC's mistake.

One of the names that seems to come up by UK fans is John Pelphrey from South Alabama.

While a player at Kentucky from 1988-1992, Pelphrey led the Wildcats to the Southeastern Conference Tournament Championship and a NCAA Tournament appearance, including the epic battle with Duke in the 1992 Elite Eight. Pelphrey was a two-time captain while at Kentucky and in 1999 was named the UK Student Athlete of the Year. In 2005, Pelphrey was inducted into the Kentucky Hall of Fame.

BIO: http://www.usajaguars.com/ViewArticle.dbml...6&Q_SEASON=2006

Another good candidate might be Texas A&M's coach Billy Gillispie who has turned around the Aggies BB program. Gillispie has built a reputation as one of the country’s best recruiters which many UK fans feel is perhaps Tubby's biggest weakness.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/coaches.php?SID=MBB&CID=147

One of the names that seems to come up by UK fans is John Pelphrey from South Alabama.

While a player at Kentucky from 1988-1992, Pelphrey led the Wildcats to the Southeastern Conference Tournament Championship and a NCAA Tournament appearance, including the epic battle with Duke in the 1992 Elite Eight. Pelphrey was a two-time captain while at Kentucky and in 1999 was named the UK Student Athlete of the Year. In 2005, Pelphrey was inducted into the Kentucky Hall of Fame.

BIO: http://www.usajaguars.com/ViewArticle.dbml...6&Q_SEASON=2006

Another good candidate might be Texas A&M's coach Billy Gillispie who has turned around the Aggies BB program. Gillispie has built a reputation as one of the country’s best recruiters which many UK fans feel is perhaps Tubby's biggest weakness.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/coaches.php?SID=MBB&CID=147

I thought of Gillispie , but something tells me he will stay at a&m for a little while longer.

Edited by SLAYER

I thought of Gillispie , but something tells me he will stay at a&m for a little while longer.

Honestly don't think UK will fire Coach Tubby after this season. However if it did happen and UK came a calling on Gillispie my bet would be he would consider the opportunity. With his reputation as a recruiter coupled with the basketball facilities at Kentucky he would be a fool not to.

Honestly don't think UK will fire Coach Tubby after this season. However if it did happen and UK came a calling on Gillispie my bet would be he would consider the opportunity. With his reputation as a recruiter coupled with the basketball facilities at Kentucky he would be a fool not to.

True but like you I don

t think he gets fired this year

• 2 weeks later...

Another reason to add to your starting post?

And I think any chance Florida had of a #1 seed just went out the window with most of the big boys out of the SEC tourny. Kentucky-GONE Tennessee- GONE Vandy- GONE

If LSU faces Florida in the final, no way they win this time. Even with Big Baby.

My bad, I meant semifinals. LSU has to get by Ole Miss first. I wanna see the Gators destroy LSU. :D

Sorry, Ole Miss got the pleasure. Heck you know it's bad when Ole Miss beats you while clearing their bench. Still think the Gators have a shot to earn a #1 seed if they win this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...