[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Life Insurance

Ziachild007

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a lot of you carry policies on your wives ? We have a small one in case God forbid something happens to my wife..Basically pays the mortgage and burial..

You need to take a look at what your wife's earnings are and how much of that you would need if something happened to her. Even if she doesn't work, get an idea of what day-care and such would cost in her absence.

And as untateve points out, there may be a (voluntary or involuntary) decrease in YOUR earnings due to being a single parent.

My wife and I are probably a smidge overinsured (400k on me, 300k on her for 10 yrs, drops to 300k and 250k for the ten after that due to lack of debt) but I'd rather have that than whomever is left behind struggling due to insufficient insurance.

This is the exact same thing the dali lama told me in '89 while we were smoking hash. Hey club, you don't, by chance, live in tibet do you?

No but if you were in Fargo in 1989 and smoked any hash, there a 98% chance it was me you smoked it with and you may have thought I was the dali lama. People also confused me with Jesus before the haircut in boot camp.