[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any hockey fans?

Vicky

worse?! the guy was coming right at him, trying to sort of go low to avoid the hit from simon. simon took a cheap shot on him, no doubt, and deserves at least a 10 game suspension, preferably longer. but to compare that to mcsorley...who took several strides to skate up behind brashear, and with the guy not looking at all, take a sledgehammer swing with his stick straight to the guy's melon. i'm sorry but that is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. more danger, more premeditation, more gutlessness, clearer intent to injure. they are not even in the same ballpark, let ALONE simon's being worse. :D

i don't think it matters which one was worse, both were serious and wrong and these kinds of things should be punished severely

Edited by dabuffbills

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the more i see plays like simon's last night , the more i really do not care to see marginally talented individuals such as himself even have a place in hockey. i have always enjoyed a good hockey fight, but if the ability to throw punches is the only reason guys like him have jobs then the rules need to be addressed.

i may be off the mark here but some of the recent talk leading up to the trade deadline was how teams like pittsburgh for example need some protection for malkin and crosbey, or at least have the threat of an available goon (in pittsburgh's case it is now larouque)sitting on the end of the bench waiting to beat someone up. the new nhl is starting to remind me in somways of the 1980's nhl, when teams had players like Dave Semenko , who's sole job was to destroy anyone who looked at Gretzky, and Chris Nilan who protected the skilled guys on the canadians. again just the humble opionion of a the resident leaf fan.

also hugh here is all you need to know about about how canada won the 87 canada cup :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8gr7_dbDIM

Good to hear from you Darkside, sorry about your Leafs this year, but you got yourself a good young defensemen in Welch. :tup:

As to your video, I see you chose the "Canada" angle that doesn't show the blatant hook that freed Lemieux in the first place. :D

worse?! the guy was coming right at him, trying to sort of go low to avoid the hit from simon. simon took a cheap shot on him, no doubt, and deserves at least a 10 game suspension, preferably longer. but to compare that to mcsorley...who took several strides to skate up behind brashear, and with the guy not looking at all, take a sledgehammer swing with his stick straight to the guy's melon. i'm sorry but that is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. more danger, more premeditation, more gutlessness, clearer intent to injure. they are not even in the same ballpark, let ALONE simon's being worse. :D

They're most definitely in the same ballpark! A baseball like swing to the face/throat like that is just as much of an intent to injure than the club to the back of the head that McSorley delivered. Both cheap, both gutless, both completely out of line, and neither one belongs in the sport of hockey. But if I had to chose, I might take a blow to the back of the head while wearing a helmet than a nasty slash to the throat and face.

Good to hear from you Darkside, sorry about your Leafs this year, but you got yourself a good young defensemen in Welch. :D

As to your video, I see you chose the "Canada" angle that doesn't show the blatant hook that freed Lemieux in the first place. :D

refing at events such as this and the world jrs, have always been crap, no matter who is refing, watching some of the "2mins for bodychecking" calls that europeon refs hand out in international events drives me nuts. while watching your video i really was amazed that kohareski was not fired , he was very blantently bias to canada.

here's to keeping the penguins where they belong, the nhl has to stop moving teams that are supported by hockey hungry cities like pittsburgh, and even winnipeg and quebec to places where no one gives a crap.

refing at events such as this and the world jrs, have always been crap, no matter who is refing, watching some of the "2mins for bodychecking" calls that europeon refs hand out in international events drives me nuts. while watching your video i really was amazed that kohareski was not fired , he was very blantently bias to canada.

here's to keeping the penguins where they belong, the nhl has to stop moving teams that are supported by hockey hungry cities like pittsburgh, and even winnipeg and quebec to places where no one gives a crap.

werd.

No kidding. Kansas City? Are they serious? As much as I hate the Pens, Pittsburgh is much more of a hockey town than DC is. The thought of them moving to freaking KC because everyone involved appears to be one giant douchebag makes me sad.

thes kinds of things have to stop

Agreed. If we want to decide how nasty things are based on premeditation alone, Bertuzzi wins, hands down. That a-hole was 'avenging' a clean hit to another player that happened in an earlier game! It's still unbelievable to me.

Agreed. If we want to decide how nasty things are based on premeditation alone, Bertuzzi wins, hands down. That a-hole was 'avenging' a clean hit to another player that happened in an earlier game! It's still unbelievable to me.

i don't really like to think of one act being worse than the others. yea Bertuzzi's was bad, but all of them, including Simon's, are bad