[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Quandary

Appreciate some advice on who to keep next year. I dont have to declare until May but thought Id get a head start.

12 Team Keeper league , keep 6 players every year. Every season we can keep 3 players from the previous seasons keeper list, and the other three from the non - keeper list. Starting Roster is 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D/ST. All TD's are 6 pts, non - PPR but bonus points from 100+ Yds Rec / Rush in a game.

Pick 3 of 6 from Group A

Marc Bulger

LaDainian Tomlinson

Cedric Benson

Randy Moss

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Jeremy Shockey

Pick 3 from Group B

Vince Young

Ron Dayne

Brandon Jacobs

Tatum Bell

Jerious Norwood

Vincent Jackson

Donte' Stallworth

Ronald Curry

Tony Scheffler

At the moment, my choices would be:

Group A: Bulger, Tomlinson (of course) and Benson

Group B: V Jackson, Stallworth, and Curry.

I don't see Young having any major weapons to work with and Bulger having a monster year with the FA signings. Otherwise I keep Young and Housh or (gasp) Moss (if he goes to packers). The other main thing would be taking Jacobs over Benson and retaining Shocker or Housh / Moss

Welcome any thoughts / commentary from the Huddle forum.

Pick 3 of 6 from Group A

Marc Bulger

LaDainian Tomlinson

Cedric Benson

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Jeremy Shockey

Pick 3 from Group B

Brandon Jacobs

Jerious Norwood

Donte' Stallworth

Tough call.

I could keep all the RBs and just try and trade for help at WR after the draft

but I would go with the players in bold then trade a RB for WR help. You should be able to find a QB in the draft or even take Bulger early. TE is probably deep enough too.

you really have no choice. you have to keep 3 WR's from your second group.

+1.

Not much advice to give here. The only additional advice I'd give is to hold off declaring keepers for as long as possible & see where Jacobs & Norwood are in their team's pecking order.

I could easily seeing trading Benson out for Jacobs & keeping Housh instead of Curry or Stallworth - especially with Stallworth in NE now. Your team will score better even though you're surrendering Benson.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I like your Group A picks of Bulger, Benson and LT.

But for your Group B, why not try to package up Bell or Jacobs with Housh and try to nab a better WR you can keep?

I know that trading is easier said than done but in this scenario, it seems like you will be throwing a lot of decent talent back into the pool. You have some time before you need to declare; why not shop around and see what you can get?

JMO.

Appreciate the opinions to date. I should also add that another dimension to our league is that there are

no off season trades in order to still have a fun Draft (re: Talent available). Trading starts after the FA / Rookie Draft and go until Week 10. I won my league this past season and didn't not make any trades..... this year, I think Ill be more active regardless to shore up the WR.

No one thinks Randy Moss is a keeper anymore :D:D

Pick 3 of 6 from Group A

Marc Bulger - no reason to keep a average QB

LaDainian Tomlinson- automatic keeper

Cedric Benson- automatic keeper

Randy Moss- I expect a rebound year from him but would have to let him pass

T.J. Houshmandzadeh- T.J. is a steady performer.I would usually keep Shockey but WR's are to thin so I would keep TJ

Jeremy Shockey - I would usually keep Shockey. not many better TE's , but WR's are weak in group B and IMO you need 1 here.

Pick 3 from Group B

Vince Young - to bad you could not trade..someone would surely overpay for him. I would cut him though

Ron Dayne - cut

Brandon Jacobs - many would keep but I don't see him ever being greatly productive

Tatum Bell- cut/useless

Jerious Norwood- I would keep him. Dunn is getting old and Norwood looked good when he played last year.I think he ends up the starter in ATL.

Vincent Jackson- I would keep him. I expect him to go for a 1000 this year.

Donte' Stallworth- hamstring waiting to happen/ but cannot pass up his potential.would have to keep him

Ronald Curry- cut.

Tony Scheffler - I think Scheffler has a breakout season but would still have to cut