[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, what's your favorite Thin Lizzy song.

PantherDave

Ok- just one of the very talented bands that seemed to slip through the cracks. Phil Lynott was a master song writer and composer. He would just laugh out-loud when asked about "The Boys are Back in Town", as he wrote that song for American radio play.....and I beleive he got his wish :D . The true essence and spirit of the band must be found elsewhere. Heck, that tune is not even one of the best on the Jail Break album, as "Cowboy Song", "Emerald", " Warriors" "Jail Break","Fighting My Way Back" are all superior to TBABIT. He was able to write a song on just about everything, and depsite his wild ways was a catholic boy, and wrote a song to the Virgin Mary called-"She Knows". Then the band could switch gears into "Dancin in the Moonlight(It's caught me in it's spotlight) and would not miss a beat.

My favorite song-" Cowboy Song" I also really like "Hey You" off Chinatown as well.

Also, listen to the album "Black Rose" as it describes the struggles in Ireland that are still present today- a true talent that was lost before his time. RIP Phillip Lynott.

Edited by PantherDave

If any would like to add TL to their collection, I recommend-"Dedication-The Very Best of Thin Lizzy", as it has 18 tracks on it that really run the gambit on the versatility of the band. The song "Dedication" was found in Lynott's home 4 years after his death. The track was recorded by Lynott in his private studio with just the vocals and bass line, and the surviving members took it into the studio and finished it in 1990. It is says it took a few times to finally get it down,as hearing Phil's voice start to belt out the tune, they were overcome with emotion a few times and had to stop, but they finally got it done.

Edited by PantherDave

Whiskey in the Jar-Metallica covered this tune on their LB-Garage.

Old Thin Lizzy when they were still a threesome, they switched names as well, as the original name of the trio in the 60's was "Skid Row"-nice cop Sebastian Bach.

Edited by PantherDave

Off "Thunder and Lightning"-"Stone Cold Sweat"

One of my favorite LP's of all time. My favorite track is "Some Day She's Gonna Hit Back". "Sun Goes Down" is great with a bowl or two. Cold Sweat as well.

Alright PD!!! I'll never forget the firsat time I saw them live. I was front row baby!! Some chick decided to ride on my shoulders. That was nice. :D My faves:

Gosh, I love the whole Jailbreak album but especially Emerald, Fight or Fall, Cowboy Song

One of my faves and I can't find this CD anywhere is Don't Believe a Word from the Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Josh Gordon LP. They did it on the Live an Dangerous CD which by the way I'm missing. Where the hell did I put it?

Now I'm gonna have to put Jailbreak ing the CD player. Listening to some old Badfinger right now.

Alright PD!!! I'll never forget the firsat time I saw them live. I was front row baby!! Some chick decided to ride on my shoulders. That was nice. :D My faves:

Gosh, I love the whole Jailbreak album but especially Emerald, Fight or Fall, Cowboy Song

One of my faves and I can't find this CD anywhere is Don't Believe a Word from the Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Josh Gordon LP. They did it on the Live an Dangerous CD which by the way I'm missing. Where the hell did I put it?

Now I'm gonna have to put Jailbreak ing the CD player. Listening to some old Badfinger right now.

Be sure to check out the vids I found-awesome stuff, Enjoy.

Wow, that's an early one - Vagabonds of the Western World, long before they became the twin guitar band of later fame.

That may have beed cut when they were still "Skid Row" and got pulled along when they became TL.

Ahhh, another find, enjoy Mr. Gary Moore.

I must have 25 LP's or discs with Gary Moore in some lineup. It's easy to forget what a tremendous musician this guy has been. Thanks for posting the links. I spent a couple hours last night watching Gary Moore videos on YouTube.

I must have 25 LP's or discs with Gary Moore in some lineup. It's easy to forget what a tremendous musician this guy has been. Thanks for posting the links. I spent a couple hours last night watching Gary Moore videos on YouTube.

Glad you enjoyed them-Peace PD.