[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MLB Is Stupid

Timmypg

• 2 weeks later...

I just went to purchase MLB TV for $90 so I can watch my Bucs lose. I live a good 5 hours from Pittsburgh and I'm closer to: Mets, Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox, & Orioles. For some reason they still blackout the Pirates in my area. How dumb is that?

Doesnt really make much sense to me either. I live in Phoenix. And although the ballpark can seat 55,000+ people, they only sell an average of 18,000 - 20,000 tix per game. All but 18 games are televised here locally. Sorry bro.. You've got a hell of a ballpark out there though. I went out there last summer and although the team was playing, I was more fascinated with the view and the feel of the ballpark (and still had visions of some of the girls from hi-tops in my head) I really didnt pay too much attention to the game. Needless to say, they lost..

Doesnt really make much sense to me either. I live in Phoenix. And although the ballpark can seat 55,000+ people, they only sell an average of 18,000 - 20,000 tix per game. All but 18 games are televised here locally. Sorry bro.. You've got a hell of a ballpark out there though. I went out there last summer and although the team was playing, I was more fascinated with the view and the feel of the ballpark (and still had visions of some of the girls from hi-tops in my head) I really didnt pay too much attention to the game. Needless to say, they lost..

You are in that wonderful area where if you look at it you are blacked out of a few teams. I live in New Orleans and the astros and the rangers are considered home teams and are blacked out.

Hmmm - I guess were lucky up here.

The Minnesota Twins have an agreement with Fox Sports North. FSN televises the game regardless of a sellout. I am not sure how much FSN pays the Twins. Even though the games are not sold out, it seems like they still get a good draw. I heard they have sold 1.5 million tickets so far.