[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Intra-divisional trading

Tford

Was proposed a deal in my 3 player keeper league.

I give:

I get:

The deal came from a guy in my division. I took it and found out later that he had some buyer's remorse about it and was fishing for another deal to get a 2nd rounder back.

A week later, I get an offer from a guy outside of my division.

I Give:

I Get:

I decline and mention that I'm not willing to give up my ability to pick my third player before a handful of people get their second pick for that little. He mentions that he is not keeping that pick but instead is the middleman in a three-way deal. I'm thinking that the first guy (in my division) is behind this.

I'm comfortable where I am but he keeps pushing for a deal. Do I cockblock or gouge him because I know that my second rounder will end up back in my division?

A couple of thoughts:

First, this is a 3-player keeper league. That means the picks you have are roughly equivalent to picks 3 rounds later in a redraft. That also means there is a bit less of an impact on the picks.

Here's what the trade ends up looking like for you realistically:

will change to

Secondly, that puts you one player behind for one round and then 2 players ahead of all other teams until what is for all practical purposes round 9, and then one player ahead until round 16.

You need to evaluate yourself as a drafter honestly. How well do you normally draft in comparison to your leaguemates? If you are a relatively good drafter, the combined trades give a one round sacrifice that comes with a huge advantage for the next 3 rounds and then a good advantage for the next 4 rounds. That's the kind of gamble I love to take - I'm drafting midround bargains as backups ahead of other team's starters & primary depth. That also gives me a lot of flexibility in building my team as I'm 2 players ahead for 3 rounds. If this is an IDP league, you'd be in prime position to be loading up on top LBs. If it's team D, you're in an ideal spot to build your skill position depth and/or get quality QB/TE backups - or nail the top team D with quality skill depth.

You gained a bit of an edge in your first trade. You're gaining an even larger edge in your second trade than you did in your first, believe it or not. That means you can make 2 good trades that really increase your ability to build your team in the middle rounds - which as a consequence also means you'll have a higher probability of finding middler rounders that will outperform their draft position since you'll have a greater number of them than other teams.

I like the second trade & would absolutely do it. If you're gaining value in your trades, someone must be losing it. We know it was your initial trading partner in your first trade, it may be the same inter-divisional guy in the 2nd trade if what you think is happening is in fact happening. That makes him that much weaker.

Do it, & good luck!

Edited by Bronco Billy