[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UNC-Georgetown

jaxfactor

For as impressive as GT looked at the end, it seemed like UNC had the heart of a scarecrow and wanted no part of winning that game.

We were beaten the moment GTown tied the game with 30 seconds to play.

Seemed as UNC stopped running effective offensive sets with about 7 minutes to go/10 point lead and tried not to look tentative by firing up a lot of 3's early in the shot clock. :D

Got back from the golf course just in time to watch the last seconds of regulation and the OT. Not sure what happen but I thought I heard the announcers say at one point in OT that Georgetown was on something like a 20-4 run. Did Carolina try to milk the clock or did Georgetown just get hot in the closing minutes?

Regardless sets up a great semi final matchup between OhiO States big man vs. Georgetown's monster.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Carolina looked to be in control. I almost jumped the gun and penciled them in on my bracket page. I don't understand the philosophy of not going inside and getting the foul calls like they had all game. They kept shooting 3's, and quickly at times without using clock. Got to give G-Town credit for not caving. Unbelievable comeback. I didn't think it was possible against a team like UNC. What a comeback and what a great game. Another classic for certain! And I picked G-Town in my final 4, but too little too late. :D

Seemed as UNC stopped running effective offensive sets with about 7 minutes to go/10 point lead and tried not to look tentative by firing up a lot of 3's early in the shot clock. :D

Indeed. This was an inexplicable collapse on both the coaching side and the player side. Weird. :D

Jeez, you guys are pretty brutal. Pretty harsh considering none of you, that I'm aware of are UNC fans.

Anybody who watched this team this years knows there were capable of huge mental breakdowns. To such a degree that they could get dominated by inferior teams. They were very young and without a strong senior leader. Don't get me wrong, I loved Reyshawn, but George Lynch, or Jawad Williams he's not.

This team really began to struggle at the end of the regular season. They put things back together, won the ACC tournament, salvaged a regular season championship and missed the Final 4 by about 3 minutes. I know it's all hip to call Roy Williams a choker, and this team did blow a lead and lose the game. FWIW, however, I am a UNC fan, a Roy Williams fan and I consider the season successful. It became clear about a month ago that this team maybe lacked a killer instinct that every championship team needs.

Hopefully the will not be a mass exodus out of Chapel Hill this year. I believe Brandan Wright will leave, as he is a projected top 5 pick. If Hansbrough stays and Ty Lawson stays, then next year I won't be so satisfied with a season ending in the Elite 8. This year, considering how immature we were, I think that's pretty good.

Finally, about those last 3 minutes, the only thing I can say is this. All year long when the Heels got into trouble, Roy would refuse to call a timeout. He wanted the players to have to fight through the adversity, to lear how to bail themselves out of a bad situation and not have him do it for them. Maybe, as a coach, that's a bad philosophy. MAybe you can take the Garry Williams approach and call a timeout everytime the other team scores 5 consecutive points against you. That's not Roy's style. He wanted the players to own what goes on in the game, and they can't do that if you're constantly bailing them out.

Sunday, Roy didn't bail them out. For better, or in this case, definately worse, they win it or lose it on the court. Why should he have to call a timeout to tell them what he's already told them 1000 times this year and they ought to know already? Hopefully, as I said, next years team will still be loaded with talent and they will have learned this lesson well.

You guys can hate on UNC all you want.

I still give 'Ol Roy and the Heels a :D

You guys can hate on UNC all you want.

I still give 'Ol Roy and the Heels a :D

:D I'm not hating on UNC and I haven't watched them but 2 games this season. Maybe they don't have a killer instinct, but they aren't some untested team that I expected to freeze and let a team back into a game they controlled for 33 minutes. That was one of the more impressive choke jobs of the whole tourney.

:D I'm not hating on UNC and I haven't watched them but 2 games this season. Maybe they don't have a killer instinct, but they aren't some untested team that I expected to freeze and let a team back into a game they controlled for 33 minutes. That was one of the more impressive choke jobs of the whole tourney.

As I said, you haven't watched them. Some of us were aware that it could happen at any time.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the entire ACC way down this year? Duke and UNC were both very young this year and both were very capable of similar meltdowns.

It is really all in fun as I just lost out on some money because UNC couldn't close the deal. Good thing Roy Williams drinks Coke though because coffee is for closers. :D

Seriously, you can try to teach the team lessons during the regular season but you need to do what you can to make sure your team wins in the NCAA tournament.