[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vegas Deals?

Duchess Jack

The Wench and I are looking to plan our vacations this year.

She and I used to go on trips riddled with debauchery. Herb, drink, spanking, little candle-wax on the nipples, gold medal coitus and maybe some tennis. Rinse repeat.

Our little one is at an age now where she wants to go on every vacation with us and I cannot say I blame her. She's kind of a killjoy for the above festivities though.

This has been the case for a while now – but we've managed to schedule our vacations over the last five year with friends and family - so there were enough distractions - things to do - whatever, to allow us our space and the ability to have a good time.

This year though - my brother-in-law/best friend is having a baby... the baby has a heart condition and will need a couple surgeries (prayers and such) - so he and my sister-in-law are out this year.

My other friends are either lame or hoodlums. My brother-in-law is a straight edge but appreciates the vices of our hoodlum brethren. He and my sister-in-law hold down the fort when the Wench's and my darker half takes over.

The Wench and I are the 'hub' among our friends - but my brother-in-law and his wife fill that role when we are indisposed. Without them and the buffer they provide - any trip would either be boring or not kid friendly.

So –we’re looking at our vacations this year and were shocked to realize that without our circle of friends - or lots of things to do (which usually means lots of money and an itinerary) and being denied our favorite type of trip - that a vacation could prove very boring.

So - to make a long story short - in addition to a trip with the little one somewhere - she and I have decided to go on a long weekend (maybe a week) to Vegas to get the demons out. Where are the best deals? Is planning in advance or taking a last minute deal cheaper? Any other suggestions?

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/index.cfm

go to the members section. You have to be a member to get some of the deals. But you can do a 5 day trial membership. Lots of coupons and stuff. Also check out the Top 10 - these are deals open to anyone.

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/63/704925

great hotel deals here.

Another trick is to go look up the LV convention center. They list conventions by date and hotel; then you go to that groups link and you can find some deals based the that groups rate. Yes, I do have a little larceny in my heart. :D:D South Siiiiiddde!

sweet. thanks brother. I love my life and I love my job... but need to get away.

When are yall going? I just booked a trip to Vegas for May 24th through the 28th(Memorial Day weekend). Southwest has some cheap deals but you have to book your trip by tomorrow and have to fly by the end of may.

Edited by spain

Having been a hotel consultant for the last 17 years, I can tell for for certain that the best deals to be had are not on the internet, but by calling the hotel directly. If you are smooth, you can get a great rate pretty much anywhere you want.

When you call the hotel, rather than speak to a 20-year old reservations schmuck, as if you can speak tot he Front Office Manager, or the Director of Sales. When you get them on the phone, let them know you visit Vegas frequently, had heard great things about their hotel, and would really like to experience what they have to offer. Then them that you usually stay at another hotel (Caesars, MGM, wherever), but because you had a bad experience last month when you were there (this makes them think you are definitely a frequent visitor who's cash they want), you are ready to find a new place to call home.

If they are smart (which they should be, given you are speaking with a salaried person), they'll want you for now, and the future. They'll offer you a great rate ($49-69), probably give you an upgrade, and alos probably comp you tix to show and/or a meal or two.

Sounds too easy....and it is. I went to Vegas with the Swammette back in November, and we paid $59 for a suite at the MGM, cause we told them that the folks at the Bellagio were unable to upgrade us. They couldn't get us in their property fast enough.

PM me if you want me to make the call for you.....I've done it lots of times, for lots of friends.

Having been a hotel consultant for the last 17 years, I can tell for for certain that the best deals to be had are not on the internet, but by calling the hotel directly. If you are smooth, you can get a great rate pretty much anywhere you want.

When you call the hotel, rather than speak to a 20-year old reservations schmuck, as if you can speak tot he Front Office Manager, or the Director of Sales. When you get them on the phone, let them know you visit Vegas frequently, had heard great things about their hotel, and would really like to experience what they have to offer. Then them that you usually stay at another hotel (Caesars, MGM, wherever), but because you had a bad experience last month when you were there (this makes them think you are definitely a frequent visitor who's cash they want), you are ready to find a new place to call home.

If they are smart (which they should be, given you are speaking with a salaried person), they'll want you for now, and the future. They'll offer you a great rate ($49-69), probably give you an upgrade, and alos probably comp you tix to show and/or a meal or two.

Sounds too easy....and it is. I went to Vegas with the Swammette back in November, and we paid $59 for a suite at the MGM, cause we told them that the folks at the Bellagio were unable to upgrade us. They couldn't get us in their property fast enough.

PM me if you want me to make the call for you.....I've done it lots of times, for lots of friends.

Unbelievable!! Expect a PM once we secure a date. Thanks.

What's the best hotel for the price?

for you all to make the most educated suggestion, I might need to come clean - I've a weird pirate thing going on.

Then you absolutely MUST stay at Treasure Island. Great location right on the strip. Decent poker room(they spread a $1/$3 game there where you can buy in for $500 instead of $300). I have never stayed at TI but everybody I know that has really likes it over there. This is the hotel for you since you have the whole pirate fetish thing going...

Sorry to hear about you brother in law's little one, man.

Thanks brother. We're all praying. If he's half as stubborn as his father we've nothing to worry about. They've been doing the surgeries for around 20 years now, so we're keeping as positive as the situation allows for...

Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome

fyi - its Dave's (owner of the Irish Degos and Dspades) baby.

2.5 days is the most anyone needs to stay in Las Vegas. If you stay longer, be sure to make it outside the city for a couple of trips: Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, etc..

Lies! Lies! and mor lies! 2.5 days is just enough time to get your feet wet.

Lies! Lies! and mor lies! 2.5 days is just enough time to get your feet wet.

60 hours tops....scientifically provable. :D

Especially if you've never been west of Ohio, jeez loo-eez, you got to take a look at the natural landscape of the desert southwest that is only an hour away in any direction.

Especially if you've never been west of Ohio, jeez loo-eez, you got to take a look at the natural landscape of the desert southwest that is only an hour away in any direction.

I am more excited about the desert than I am the strip

2.5 days is the most anyone needs to stay in Las Vegas. If you stay longer, be sure to make it outside the city for a couple of trips: Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, etc..

I am usually lucky to be breathing at 2.5 days. Before me and all my buddies got married and had kids, we would all meet at the Hard Rock once a year for a 3-4 day weekend (ok, sometimes twice a year). I recall more than one flight moved up. And I recall the year my buddy Harvey took a dump in another guys shoe in the closet at around 5 am thinking it was the bathroom. And the year the former Miami Hurricane national championship football player showed up as a fledgling actor in Hollywood. And then when he showed up again 3 years later with a suitcase of implants cause he had given up on acting and was selling fake titties to plastic surgeons and banging all their receptionists.

There is a lot I refuse to remember.