[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now Here is a Bad Beat....Bodog Special

whosyourdaddy

70 dollar entry...6 man sit and go on Bodog. I am small blind with 2500 chips. 4 players left. Two guys ahead of me fold. Big blind calls my all in(w/pocket 9s) with A-2. Flop is 6-6-10. Turn-6. River-6. Ace plays. Worst bad beat in two years. Kind of makes me wish the republitards would ban online poker.

I think Furd's point is that the other guy was only a 30% dog when the money went in the pot - bad beat for sure, but anyone who has played a decent amount of poker, including yourself, has suffered worse beats (i.e., where the money went in and you were better than 70% to win at that point in the hand). Heck, any time you've been beat by runner-runner probably qualifies as a "worse" beat in terms of pure mathematics.

The beat you suffered is particularly harsh because of the manner in which it happened...but you could just as easily have been beat by any ace.

Well, this thread in general. So you were probably a 70-30 favorite preflop. You lost on an overcard on the river. Big f'n deal.

Sorry idiot. I just have never been beat by the board showing quads before. I have played many many tourneys and have never seen that happen. That was reallly my point. Not that it was that big a deal. More unusual. Thats all. Chill out.

Well, this thread in general. So you were probably a 70-30 favorite preflop. You lost on an overcard on the river. Big f'n deal.

Right.

You're all in before the flop. You're a 5:2 favorite or so, and you lost.

Boo hoo.

I think Furd's point is that the other guy was only a 30% dog when the money went in the pot - bad beat for sure, but anyone who has played a decent amount of poker, including yourself, has suffered worse beats (i.e., where the money went in and you were better than 70% to win at that point in the hand). Heck, any time you've been beat by runner-runner probably qualifies as a "worse" beat in terms of pure mathematics.

The beat you suffered is particularly harsh because of the manner in which it happened...but you could just as easily have been beat by any ace.

That is true. It was more strange because of the quads.

Sorry idiot. I just have never been beat by the board showing quads before. I have played many many tourneys and have never seen that happen. That was reallly my point. Not that it was that big a deal. More unusual. Thats all. Chill out.

Believe me, I'm not excited.

How about the beat the amateur gave at this week's WPT table?

Guy hit trip deuces on the turn and the amateur had paired his five. All the money gets in before the river. Only out was one of the two fives left for the amateur and he hit it. And they were playing for over a million. Ouch.

He was the second worst player ever to win a WPT event. Guy was a complete donk.

Now that is a bad beat.

Edited by TimC

Guy hit trip deuces on the turn and the amateur had paired his five. All the money gets in before the river. Only out was one of the two fives left for the amateur and he hit it. And they were playing for over a million. Ouch.

He was the second worst player ever to win a WPT event. Guy was a complete donk.

Now that is a bad beat.

and bad beat is getting pwned buy a guy in a genie outfit .

Now that is a bad beat.

Who do you consider the worst to win a WPT event?

Who do you consider the worst to win a WPT event?

Danny Nguyen was a horrible player IMO. He made some of the worst calls in the history of the WPT and sucked out numerous times.

And I'm more tired of people say "-ball" (as in "I need a Queen-ball) than donk...although donk is tired.

I snayone else tired of the term "donk"? It just gets on my nerves anymore.. Term is used too often online and for some reason it just wore in me over time.

First it was fish... now it is donk... there will be a new term around soon enough.

I snayone else tired of the term "donk"? It just gets on my nerves anymore.. Term is used too often online and for some reason it just wore in me over time.

donk

badbeat

suckout

I am tired of all these poker buzzwords- just like this post- they are not evenused in the right places. While the dog beat Daddy with A2- it wasn't really a "badbeat" just a tough loss.