[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sopranos

whomper

I'm not negating your opinion of the show -- you're not alone. A lot of people hated the last season, and this episode looks much the same. Which would make sense, because I think these were originally all part of the same season.

I don't think the episode was poorly made or that there isn't anything wrong with the underlying themes of where the show is taking its final turns, but frankly there's been a lot of branching out for a series that's about to end its run. Storylines with Tony and no one else (the dream episodes), Carmela in Paris, the whole Vito debacle, and last night where 90% of it is the two couples sitting around and very little development of the "family" arc.

I'm getting impatient I think. :D

This whole show is David Chase's baby. He doesn't think he's doing a TV show. He thinks he's doing, as Norman Mailer called it, The Great American Novel on video.

Then he's a putz.

The stuff that never gets resolved is intentional, and part of the charm of the show.
? I'll pass on that "charm." PS I didn't say everything had to be "resolved" exactly....just let us know what happened, even if the answer is nothing. There's no point in developing a storyline and then abandoning it. It's like going up to someone and saying "I heard this great joke! There was this guy in a bar....." ...then walking away.

Chase is of the belief that Everything Happens for a Reason only on Oprah and other TV dramas. In real life, a lot of stuff happens that never gets resolved.
Earth to Chase: first this is a TV show, not real life, and making it "more real" isn't automatically good. Second, precious little even happens in real life doesn't have SOME kind of conclusion, so he isn't "making it more real" anyway.

The joke is not subtle: Everyone who lives in those suburban NcMansions is morally and ethically corrupt.
:D Now THAT'S a joke. Yeah they'll are Tony Sopranos. It's impossible to have money w/o being vicious.

As such, last night's story was about middle-age malaise. Mobsters are not afraid of death -- but they are afraid of decline. That point in your life when you realize your best days are behind you. Your wife -- the one who was turned on and fell for you when she saw you beat the crap out of someone -- just saw you get beaten to a bloody blob. Everything in your life looks like it can only go down from here. How does one deal with that? How does that make one feel about what he has done up to this point? This is it?
Now that sounds like Oprah is doing the writing/directing. :hurl: I'm fine w/a little of that to "legitimize" the characters as real people, but they went over the top w/it.

Just my .02

Edited by BeeR

He was wearing gloves, but I also thought the shirt being ripped off after the DNA comment was a little obvious. My a little too obivious.

His shirt did rip off pretty easily. It was almost ripped too easily. IMO it would have been a little less obvious if they had the shot guy pounce up and try pulling at the other guys hair or scratching him right before getting shot in the head one last time. It would have made for a much more subtle way to leave DNA evidence behind.