[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Black Donnellys

cliaz

Pay Attention here....

Lesson 1- TV caters to the masses.

Lesson 2- The masses is dumb. The masses like General Hospital, American Idol, Singing/Dancing/Farting with the stars. Jessica Simpson, Tom Cruise, Entertainment Tonight, MTV and Anna Nicole. People is dumb.

Lesson 3-95% of what is on TV is udder crap (as it is aimed at the masses). The don't have to try too hard to find jackasses to be on the 5th grader show. CSI is garbage. Everyone knows that the real crime scene investigators just do the science work while a detective solves the crime. No one cares, they watch anyway.

While I am on a rant, there is no such thing as reality tv. If it's on TV, it isn't real. It might be unscripted, but it isn't real. Survivor is a game show on an island, not a castaway group trying to survive. Wonder how many times someone stuck on their own won a free meal?

Decent episode this week (online). I'll be interested to see how the Tommy-Nicky, "Dokey Deal" turns out.

:D

I was wondering when it was going to get the Axe. Same thing happened to Smith last year. You get a good show, give it 3-5 episodes and then cancel it if it hasn't grabbed a big audience.

That's why I have just about given up on TV.

Actually Smith was canceled for a different reason. Apparently there were a few "oops" shots where a woman was undressing (or dressing) and there was a little bit too much skin showing. The FCC gave them a warning and apparently it happened in the very next episode, too. So the FCC was either going to fine them a boatload or they were off. The network opted for the latter.

Let me go try and find a link. This info was relayed to me by a co-worker buddy who was following the show.

Edit: I can't find anything related to this on the 'net... so perhaps this was simply a rumor. Everything I'm reading says the ratings were just poor. But of course, since the FCC regulates everything we see/hear/read, that could have just been the euphemistic reason.

Edited by darin3

I just caught up on the episodes i missed, i can't believe the cancelled this show. For network TV, it was one of the best show aside from cable. They are dopes! :D

I just caught up on the episodes i missed, i can't believe the cancelled this show. For network TV, it was one of the best show aside from cable. They are dopes! :D

So rather than watching The Black Donnellys right now NBC expects me to watch The Real Wedding Crashers? I guess the television audience really is so stupid that they can't understand a good developed storyline like TBD but they will probably fall in love with such a stupid idea like The Real Wedding Crashers. :D

I refuse to watch the real wedding crashers. I am so sick of the junk on TV now.

With Heroes back on TBD would have had a perfect lead in as audiences of Heroes might be a more apt to watch a storyline versus some crap.....

So rather than watching The Black Donnellys right now NBC expects me to watch The Real Wedding Crashers? I guess the television audience really is so stupid that they can't understand a good developed storyline like TBD but they will probably fall in love with such a stupid idea like The Real Wedding Crashers. :D

Agreed. :D