[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, is the draft soley on NFL Network this year?

PantherDave

I wonder though - willl ESPN have a booth at the draft or just one in the studio and maybe a camera there? I thought that the NFL channel had the right s to the draft this year.

I wonder though - willl ESPN have a booth at the draft or just one in the studio and maybe a camera there? I thought that the NFL channel had the right s to the draft this year.

They'll be at Radio City. Link

"ESPN’s 28th consecutive year of NFL Draft coverage will feature more than 20 hosts, analysts, reporters and other experts, highlighted by pre-eminent NFL host Chris Berman, draft expert Mel Kiper, Jr., analysts Chris Mortensen and Steve Young, and Carolina Panthers wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson on the main set at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. ESPN’s Monday Night Football commentator team of Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Tony Kornheiser will also make their first appearance together at the draft."

Hey DMD, I saw a Huddle draft guide at the local Target the other day...I was running around telling everone we were best of friends...

...we ARE best of friends, right?

Hey DMD, I saw a Huddle draft guide at the local Target the other day...I was running around telling everone we were best of friends...

...we ARE best of friends, right?

Well of course, it's even your turn to buy the beer next time. :D

Im fairly certain they'll still have there booth... Hell, the little Ticket had a booth before they became the flagship station for the cowboys. For years I would mute the T.V. Then turn the great Norm up on my radio...

• 2 weeks later...

Neither ESPN, paying the NFL $1.1 billion annually for its Monday night games, nor the NFL Network, owned by a behemoth league that still can't be above wanting lots of SportsCenter airtime, will call their NFL draft coverage a competition.

Well, ESPN executive vice president Norby Williamson conceded, maybe it's "healthy competition" between a league and a network that otherwise are "partners."

ESPN, since its birth in 1979, had a monopoly on TV draft coverage until last year, when the league's channel gave itself permission to show up.

Still, ESPN drew 5.2% of U.S. cable/satellite TV households, a higher rating than just about everything else on ESPN except NFL games. ESPN executive producer Jay Rothman said, "We hope it's a fair playing field," even though ESPN is up against a TV rival that's putting on the draft.

Eric Weinberger, an NFL Network executive producer, doesn't offer up anything that could end up on ESPN's bulletin boards. But, he noted, "At this network, it's a full-time job" to cover the NFL.

The NFL Network is planning things you won't see on ESPN. It will mount a camera on a boat Wisconsin lineman Joe Thomas, expected to be a high first-round pick, will be fishing in on a Wisconsin lake Saturday.

"We'll be the only one with him in the middle of the lake," Weinberger said. "I hope he gets cellphone reception" — so the onboard camera can catch Thomas hearing from the team picking him.

The NFL Network will unveil a "fan confessional room" to interview die-hards. And analyst Jamie Dukes will respond to viewer e-mails, Weinberger said, as a "sort of stock analyst, like (CNBC's) Mad Money, on the value of picks."

ESPN, Rothman said, will have what amounts to two-channel coverage. While ESPN looks forward to the next picks, ESPNews — in 55 million households compared with the NFL Network's 41 million — will dissect picks already made.

Rothman sees "an opportunity to put the new Monday night team front and center" — meaning Mike Tirico, Tony Kornheiser and Ron Jaworski, who replaced Joe Theismann— and feature an active player, the Carolina Panthers' Keyshawn Johnson, who probably could get a job at ESPN now.

Said Rothman, "He's the closest thing to Charles Barkley — quick, opinioned, funny, smart, a show-stopping type."

Link

That might be pretty cool for the looooong, boooring wait between first-round picks.