[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper question

cmutts

Okay, I play in a 12 team 3 keepers per team league. I plan on keeping LJ(6th), MJD(11th) and Leinart(12th). League rules state nobody drafted in the first four rounds can be kept. Other keepers Palmer, Brees, Eli, Rivers, McGahee, Sjax, Benson, Gore Williams,Henry just to name a few. The first four picks should be LT, SA, Westbrook and then either Rudi, Bush, Addai. No ppr and all td's 6pts. At 1.5 I could take Peyton, draft the first WR( all the big names available) or add another RB. What would you do? Next pick is 2.8 and then 3.5 Thanks

I'd keep Barber and draft Peyton!! If Peyton is gone before 1.5, you now have the deepest RB core in your league, which gives you limitless options. If you really want to keep Leinart, you gotta roll the dice with Reggie!! You just have to!!

I'd keep Barber and draft Peyton!! If Peyton is gone before 1.5, you now have the deepest RB core in your league, which gives you limitless options. If you really want to keep Leinart, you gotta roll the dice with Reggie!! You just have to!!

I was thinking about that as well. I would have 3 RB's and the top QB. Passing td's are 6 pts as well. At 2.8 and 3.5 I could take the top two remaining WR's

I was thinking about that as well. I would have 3 RB's and the top QB. Passing td's are 6 pts as well. At 2.8 and 3.5 I could take the top two remaining WR's

Sounds like the best team possible to me.

Sounds like the best team possible to me.

So here is a general keepr question: Peyton would be for this year only, Leinart could be kept for the next 10. How does this factor into the equation???? Manning for just 2007 or Leinart till like 2015?

Okay, I play in a 12 team 3 keepers per team league. I plan on keeping LJ(6th), MJD(11th) and Leinart(12th). League rules state nobody drafted in the first four rounds can be kept. Other keepers Palmer, Brees, Eli, Rivers, McGahee, Sjax, Benson, Gore Williams,Henry just to name a few. The first four picks should be LT, SA, Westbrook and then either Rudi, Bush, Addai. No ppr and all td's 6pts. At 1.5 I could take Peyton, draft the first WR( all the big names available) or add another RB. What would you do? Next pick is 2.8 and then 3.5 Thanks

Your league rewards those sleeper picks. That said, I would keep LJ, MJD, and Leinart. As you said, you get Peyton for only 2007 if you take him. Leinart for the next 10? That's huge. Also, I am inclined to think Peyton will be gone before it gets to 1.5. Someone before you will take Peyton, because they will want to win now. That would suck if you dropped Leinart, then missed out on Peyton too. MJD showed he can carry the load, and you can keep him 9 more years - sweet. You get LJ for 2 more years which is perfect, because I foresee 2 more good seasons before he starts to fall apart due to overusage. Whoever you pick in the first 4 rounds you cannot keep, so I don't see a need to draft players with tons of upside. Just use those picks on who will be a monster in 2007.

Another option is to trade Leinart, MJD, and LJ for draft picks. LJ should easily get you a 1st (probably pick 1.2). Since Leinart can be kept for many years, the correct owner may give you a 1st, but more likely a 2nd round pick. MJD may get you a 2nd rounder for the same reason. If you made these trades, you could keep some of your other late round players and go into the draft with options galore. With those extra 3 picks you could you would have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. Just something else to think about. Good luck.

Your league rewards those sleeper picks. That said, I would keep LJ, MJD, and Leinart. As you said, you get Peyton for only 2007 if you take him. Leinart for the next 10? That's huge. Also, I am inclined to think Peyton will be gone before it gets to 1.5. Someone before you will take Peyton, because they will want to win now. That would suck if you dropped Leinart, then missed out on Peyton too. MJD showed he can carry the load, and you can keep him 9 more years - sweet. You get LJ for 2 more years which is perfect, because I foresee 2 more good seasons before he starts to fall apart due to overusage. Whoever you pick in the first 4 rounds you cannot keep, so I don't see a need to draft players with tons of upside. Just use those picks on who will be a monster in 2007.

Another option is to trade Leinart, MJD, and LJ for draft picks. LJ should easily get you a 1st (probably pick 1.2). Since Leinart can be kept for many years, the correct owner may give you a 1st, but more likely a 2nd round pick. MJD may get you a 2nd rounder for the same reason. If you made these trades, you could keep some of your other late round players and go into the draft with options galore. With those extra 3 picks you could you would have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. Just something else to think about. Good luck.

If Peyton goes in the first five picks there is no problem. Any one of the RB's available there will help you get him back if you want him, or help you get any other QB known to man. Try to get Carson and keep him. Extra wealth at the RB position is ALWAYS a great thing.

So here is a general keepr question: Peyton would be for this year only, Leinart could be kept for the next 10. How does this factor into the equation???? Manning for just 2007 or Leinart till like 2015?

What active roster do you play? I'm assuming 1 QB and at least 2 RBs. Reason I ask is this. If I am understanding you correctly, this is a keeper league where you can only keep three players each year -- not a dynasty league. So the fact that Leinart is someone that you can keep for 10 years may be of limited value. All depends on how high you are on Leinart.

I'd consider keeping LJ, Jones-Drew and Barber. Especially if your active roster happens to be two RB's plus an RB/WR flex, your priority should be three very productive running backs. In terms of the kind of trade Dirty Weasel was suggesting -- trade Leinart for a draft pick, aiming at a first round pick (almost certainly can't get) or an early second round pick. I would like going into this draft with these three RBs, plus draft picks looking something like 1.5, 2.3, and 2.8 -- going after two WRs and a QB with those three picks.

The other option is to keep Lee Evans along with LJ and Jones Drew. Then use your first draft pick Addai. Trade Leinart as described above for an early round 2 draft pick. And use your two (we hope) second round draft picks for a QB and a Receiver. That gives you LJ, Drew-Jones, Addai, Lee Evans, a second WR, and your QB as your core team. If you can make this work, I like this even better.

Just another option. But do let us know your active roster, because it could make a big difference on what flavor you want your three keepers to be.

:D SuperChiefs / John

Here is everything I can think of about the league to help make the call

Starting Weekly Roster: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Can not trade draft picks but pre-draft you can trade keepers for keepers. 12 teams, 3 keepers per team

Nobody drafted in the first 4 rounds can be kept

Scoring; all td's 6pts and no turnover penalties, 1 pt every 20 passing, 1 pt every 10 rush/rec and no ppr.

Keeper years left: MBIII 2 years, LEvans 2 years, MLeinart 8 years

MBIII - great year but still sharing with Jones

LEvans - solid numbers but Losman scares. However we do start 3 wr's

MLeinart - all fired up about new coaching staff and 2 elite wr's to throw to

My picks: 1.5, 2.8, 3.5 etc....

Guys picking 1.1-1.4: LT 1st pick, 1.2 keeping 2 rb's and cotchery, 1.3 keeping 2 rbs and wr and 1.4 keeping vince, rb, wr

Edited by cmutts