[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kids on the Sidelines

i_am_the_swammi

Sounds like a spring ball oversight - they're doing things around the field that wouldn't happen during a regular season game. Back to the drawing board for the AD and/or event planners, and maybe the Coach's actions just saved them from a lawsuit. Or maybe not......

They should have never allowed a child that small to be unattended anyway, let alone where it was very feasible that he could get injured. The receiver did a good job once he realized what happened trying to protect and hold up the boy. The receiver also stayed down after the collision and had to be attended to by a trainer. It looks horrible though the kid only needed to get some stitches.

That is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen. I swear to God, that parent ought to be shot for ever putting his child in harms way like that. I promise you, my children would NEVER be put in that position. My job is to protect them, not put them in harms way.

Un fuc.king real. :D

That is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen. I swear to God, that parent ought to be shot for ever putting his child in harms way like that. I promise you, my children would NEVER be put in that position. My job is to protect them, not put them in harms way.

Amen

Edited by SuperBalla

Was just going to post something similar, other than the "my kids" part. :tup:

Still a dumb story that CO media has been sticking in their :D

While I agree with the premise of not putting a 4 year old or even a 10 year old near the end lines of a Football game I find the "shooting" response a bit strong and out of line. Maybe that's not exactly what you meant or maybe it was but as parents we do make mistakes that in the end we shake our head and feel some / a lot of guilt over which I'm sure this father does. Obviously he is lucky the boy was not hurt much worse but I don't think he is a bad father just because of that one instance.

I'm not sure how old your kids are CD, Broncos (I know you don't have any) and SB but come back when they are 14, 8, 6 or whatever age over 6 lets say and think about the mistakes you have made and maybe were lucky didn't result in something much worse then actually what resulted if anything.

Ok, rant over.

Things can happen fast - that dad might've been just outside the picture frame, and got caught up either in watching the play unfold, or had his head turned for a second. Lesson learned.

Fatherhood seems to be a theme this morning, so I'll play once again. Have I told the story about losing my 5 y.o. at a USC game 2 years ago? He was walking next to me with his buddy, (my friend's son,) and I stopped for about 20 seconds to ask directions to the nearest restroom. I thought they were still right next to me.

When I looked back down, they were lost in a sea of moving people. My bad - I should've been holding his hand. When a stadium cop stopped to help them minutes later, my son luckily had my cell # memorized. That call from stadium security was one of the best calls of my life - I was afraid his mom was calling to see how things were going!

The longest 15-20 minutes of my life, I can assure you. But it will also never happen again. In a big crowd, I might just have a hand on his shoulder, even when he's 18....

While I agree with the premise of not putting a 4 year old or even a 10 year old near the end lines of a Football game I find the "shooting" response a bit strong and out of line. Maybe that's not exactly what you meant or maybe it was but as parents we do make mistakes that in the end we shake our head and feel some / a lot of guilt over which I'm sure this father does. Obviously he is lucky the boy was not hurt much worse but I don't think he is a bad father just because of that one instance.

I'm not sure how old your kids are CD, Broncos (I know you don't have any) and SB but come back when they are 14, 8, 6 or whatever age over 6 lets say and think about the mistakes you have made and maybe were lucky didn't result in something much worse then actually what resulted if anything.

Ok, rant over.

Gotta agree here - with the field the way it was, maybe they should have barred everyone from the sideline, but since they didn't, dads got his 4 year old down there, having time of his life, and he runs left....at unfortunately the wrong time, right into the receiver's way

i can easily see it happening - my 22 month old is just discovering the joys of running and jumping, and i'm sure that very soon she's going to run into something/someone and get knocked down. Hopefully not as hard as happened here, but i don't call foul on the dad on this one necessarily (now, in saying that - for all we know dad was off trying to hit on cheerleader and hadn't seen his son for 10 minutes....)