[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

this is pretty cool

tonorator

i got my kids the new pokemon games from nintendo for their DS lite handheld game machines over the weekend. these games now come with a wi-fi feature that lets them connect via our home wireless lan to nintendo's wi-fi service which lets then battle and trade with their friends wirelessly! not only that, but these games have a voice chat feature so that the kids can talk to each other over their wireless internet connection.

:D

i was helping them get it setup and after fiddling with our router settings, we got it to work. so now my kids can hook up, battle, trade, and chat with kids around the world with their handheld game, wirelessly. they have these headphones that hook to your ear like bluetooth to talk into and listen.

so my 8 year old is walking around the house, headphone in his ear, bartering pokemon monsters with one of his friends wirelessly. looks like a little stockbroker.

we've come quite a long way from the time that my coleco handheld with just red dashes was state of the art.

note that you can only connect with other kids if you get their 12-digit friend code, so it is secure in that way.

cool stuff, but then again, i'm a geek.

i got my kids the new pokemon games from nintendo for their DS lite handheld game machines over the weekend. these games now come with a wi-fi feature that lets them connect via our home wireless lan to nintendo's wi-fi service which lets then battle and trade with their friends wirelessly! not only that, but these games have a voice chat feature so that the kids can talk to each other over their wireless internet connection.

i was helping them get it setup and after fiddling with our router settings, we got it to work. so now my kids can hook up, battle, trade, and chat with kids around the world with their handheld game, wirelessly. they have these headphones that hook to your ear like bluetooth to talk into and listen.

so my 8 year old is walking around the house, headphone in his ear, bartering pokemon monsters with one of his friends wirelessly. looks like a little stockbroker.

we've come quite a long way from the time that my coleco handheld with just red dashes was state of the art.

note that you can only connect with other kids if you get their 12-digit friend code, so it is secure in that way.

cool stuff, but then again, i'm a geek.

Yes, we have come along way. When I was young, I spent hours on this:

http://dapreview.net/reviews/oly_mrobe_100...el-Football.jpg

My boy wanted to play a game his friend had. He simple got in wifi range of the other DS and downloaded it to his. Let him play head to head without putting the cartridge in. As soon as he leaves range, the game is no longer playable, but that is an awsome feature.

My boy wanted to play a game his friend had. He simple got in wifi range of the other DS and downloaded it to his. Let him play head to head without putting the cartridge in. As soon as he leaves range, the game is no longer playable, but that is an awsome feature.

that is cool too and they have been doing this for sometime. nice that many games only need one cartridge between the 2 kids so they can both play.

taking it to wi-fi is just another level. now they can do it with their school or neighborhood friends from their rooms at home, while chatting with them. wild ...