[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

taking need out of the equation - because I have none...

I was just offered the 1.6 and 2.1 for the 1.5 in our 2007 rookie draft

Would you take it? I figure that any pick. five and up, is a money pick because - at worst - you can land one the tier 1 QBs

Or is it safer to snag one of the QBs and let him develope?

I take it. Assuming non-IDP, you have Jamarcus and Brady, Calvin Johnson, AP and Lynch towards the top 5, as well as the GB RB possibly in the mix (name escapes me offhand and too lazy to look it up), that gives you 6 solid choices, which you still get one of, plus you add the 2.1 pick which could very well be a WR in a decent situation or an RB that is a backup nopw but may get a shot, or one of the 2nd tier QBs who may pan out ot be just as good as Quinn or Russel

GB RB = Brandon Jackson

I'd do that trade. Right now, the top 3 consensus seems to be AD, CJ, & Lynch. After that, the next 6 guys are interchangable and can fall legitimately in any order: Meachem, Jackson, Bowe, Russell, Quinn, & Rice, with a few others thrown in that probably shouldn't be in the 4-9 tier like Bush & Jarrett.

1.04 & 1.05 in a lot of drafts are some combination of Meachem, Russell, & Jackson. It would be hard to argue taking whichever of those 3 that falls to you at 1.06 and then getting a bonus of the 2.01, who will be a decent player also.

That's a good trade for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright....

so far this offseason (no auction yet)

I traded Javon Walker for McGahee

I traded Mo Drew for the Edge, Winslow, Lelie and Si Moss

I traded Lelie for the FA Rights to Carr and Si Moss for a 2nd.

I traded LJ for the Henry and Moroney

I traded Henry and the Edge for R Moss and the 1.2

During my draft, between moving up and down - and dealing Gado, Bryant Johnson and V Jackson... I landed an extra 2 firsts and an extra second for 2008 (so... 3x1st, 2x2nd and 3rd-5th)

Having said all of that.... this was my draft....

1.2 Peterson, A

1.5 Jackson, B

3.3 B Leonard

5.4 A Bradshaw

6.4 D Anderson

...and this is my team prior to cuts (need to get down to 19 roster spots and 5 taxi)

Cutler, Jay DEN QB -

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

Gradkowski, Bruce TBB QB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Anderson, Deon DAL RB ®

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB ®

Brown, Chris TEN RB

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB ®

Jones, Kevin DET RB

Leonard, Brian STL RB ®

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB

McGahee, Willis BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB ®

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Holt, Torry STL WR

Moss, Randy NEP WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

Williams, Roy DET WR

Smith, Alex TBB TE

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE

Wow.

That's one hell of a team. Youth & depth at every position, and while your #1 guy at any spot may not be a top 5 player, your strength in the #2 & #3 guys will negate that disadvantage & then some. Plus the added bonus of getting so many trades in to build the team.

That, my friend, is some top notch work.

:D

Wow.

That's one hell of a team. Youth & depth at every position, and while your #1 guy at any spot may not be a top 5 player, your strength in the #2 & #3 guys will negate that disadvantage & then some. Plus the added bonus of getting so many trades in to build the team.

That, my friend, is some top notch work.

:D

Thanks brother. I still like the LJ trade, but regretted the MoJo trade as soon as I clicked 'accept'.

Hopefully it all works out in the end.