[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roger Clemens

I Like Soup

Holy crap, ESPN actually NOT hanging from the Yankee nutsack? Oh wait....Clemens isn't a Yank yet. Once he is, it'll be Roger this and Roger that. Worthless pieces of crap, all of them - ESPN, the Wankees and Clemens.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be at Yankee stadium tomorrow watching Clemens and cheering against him as I root for my Pirates.

I guess that kinda hurts that he looked very, very solid while spanking the Pirates. And to think the oldest player on the Pirates when Clemens made his ML debut was Jack Wilson-6 yrs. old. :D The roids did the body good. After seeing the way the Pirates played today with all their mental errors and terribly play, I'm wondering if they might become a Triple A team? Just having a little fun Timmy, but you had to be pissed watching your squad suck in up today. :D

The Yanks have righted the ship and are steaming full speed ahead. I don't know if they will or can catch Boston, however, they'll be in the Playoffs.

Edited by irish

I will say 2 things.

1. The Pirates stink. They are just plain bad.

2. As far as Clemens goes he was good but not great. He always had runners on base and he gave up 3 runs. That's a 4.5 ERA vs Pittsburgh. Unless he gets much better he will be in trouble vs good hitting teams.

2. As far as Clemens goes he was good but not great. He always had runners on base and he gave up 3 runs. That's a 4.5 ERA vs Pittsburgh. Unless he gets much better he will be in trouble vs good hitting teams.

I partly agree as his magic has to end at some point. They said his fastball topped out at about 92 mph but that his change pitches were great and were throwing off the hitters. They also said that he was being tentative with the groin and not pushing off the rubber like he has in the past. As he gets more comfortable and more stamina he will get better and better.

I think it is lame that they brought Clemens in and started him off against the mighty Pirates (no offense, Timmy). What better way to get him back in the league and not really get roughed up. Anyway, I'll be glad when Clemens retires again, I'm tired of hearing about him and his next minor league start exclusives on ESPN and when he is going to drop a deuce next.

To be honest I don't believe the whole "fatigued groin". I think they wanted his first start to be at home against an awful Pirates team.

Regardless of the reason it was a good idea on their part, as it was a successful outing that may not have given him a great deal of confidence but it certainly didn't hurt either. Plus why not have him start off with a win. Made sense to me.

Edited by irish