[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

subway series

isleseeya

Diehard mets fan since 1977 ...no doubt yankees have had an incredible run since mid 90's ( I guess highest payroll always , will help a great deal ) ... Times are a changing though as Mets on the rise and yankees ( certainly so far this season ) on the decline ...

Nice win by mets last night ... Good chance to really make a statement with two games remaining this weekend in the first yearly installment of the subway series

I know some yankee huddlers will probably have something to say ..hopefully met huddler will have more to say ...so who you with ?

LGM

Well as a Yankee fan, to say the least I'm very disappointed with how things have gone this season. We continue to throw hugh sums of money at aging vets and we are just spinning our wheels. Last night's game against the Mets was a must-have, as we had Pettitte going and along with him our best chance of winning any of the games in this series and we lost a tight one. Now we throw out on the mound 2 young guys the next 2 days and my fear is that this series could end up being a sweep. At this point all I can hope for is that we split the next 2. Not that Roger Clemens is going to be a savior once he gets here, as he's only good for 1 start every 5 games, but by the time he's ready to go this ship may be sunk already with his 19 million going down with it. :D

Roger will help for sure ..and I believe yanks will not keep losing at this pace but red sox seem to be for real ...amazing how poor a season abreu , cano and giambi are having

I do not see mets sweep as yanks too desparate and too tralented to lose next two ..ofcourse I am hoping they will ...lol

Roger will help for sure ..and I believe yanks will not keep losing at this pace but red sox seem to be for real ...amazing how poor a season abreu , cano and giambi are having

I do not see mets sweep as yanks too desparate and too tralented to lose next two ..ofcourse I am hoping they will ...lol

LoL, nice...real nice (your Salary Cap dollars for WW moves in my league just dropped). :D There's no way that the Yanks will keep losing at this pace, however, the Redsox are for real as they are built to not have long losing streaks with their pitching. Our lefty hitters have been brutal this year and it seems good lefty pitching just shuts us down.

Worst case scenerio isn't even here yet...imagine Clemens arrives and can't pitch past the 5-6th inning throughoout the year like most of our starters here already as he's finally hit the wall. What a waste that would be.

I know it's early, but at this point I think we're already looking a getting into the playoffs as a wildcard and that's going to be tough.

And to think I'm an optimist.

I have seen the yanks down before and come back so I will not count them out .....yet

Lol on the salary cap comment for your FF league ...I am looking forward to that league

Well, I'm hoping for drastic changes for the Yanks.

I'm glad you're looking forward to the League, so am I. It should be a lot of fun. I just love the football/fantasy season in general, when it really starts heating up. :D

Last night's game against the Mets was a must-have, as we had Pettitte going and along with him our best chance of winning any of the games in this series and we lost a tight one. Now we throw out on the mound 2 young guys the next 2 days and my fear is that this series could end up being a sweep. At this point all I can hope for is that we split the next 2.

Well now we've lost 2 out of 2 played and tomorrow we send out a total newb. GREAT!! I told you I feared a sweep and we're right on the verge. Plus we lost Rasner for 2 months with a broken index finger on his throwing hand and we're now 11 and a half games behind the Sox. :D

I honestly though Wagner was gonna give the game away after that horrible through to home...but after that gift of a called strike two, he seemed to feed off it and got out of the jam.

If Glavine can keep going and Maine/Perez/Sosa are for real...i'm looking forward to an 86 rematch in the world series

I honestly though Wagner was gonna give the game away after that horrible through to home...but after that gift of a called strike two, he seemed to feed off it and got out of the jam.

If Glavine can keep going and Maine/Perez/Sosa are for real...i'm looking forward to an 86 rematch in the world series

[/quote/)

Yeah got a bit worried with wagner but we had a good lead and cushion ...time to sweep tonight ...torre's days may be numbered as welll

86 rematch would suit me just fine

:D

Phew!!! At least it wasn't a sweep. Now we need to continue the solid play against the Sox and really turn things around. :D