[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

macAllister for Dunn and Norwood

Hey Dynasty league with 75M salary cap(standard receptions count league) with a trade offer.

He offered:

Norwood (2M)

Dunn (4M0

for

McAllister (20M, overpriced)

1.5pick in rookie draft (BrJackson, MBush or Russell)

What about this trade? I'll have to do backflips to keep McAllister next year as he's in last year of contract. Norwood and Dunn can be extended as long as I like after trade. I realize Dunn is drifting towards the end. I will be able to get a draft pick out of this...not sure which one. He has 1.10, 1.12 and 2.3. I also have 2.5

Any help is appreciated.

Hey Dynasty league with 75M salary cap(standard receptions count league) with a trade offer.

He offered:

Norwood (2M)

Dunn (4M0

for

McAllister (20M, overpriced)

1.5pick in rookie draft (BrJackson, MBush or Russell)

What about this trade? I'll have to do backflips to keep McAllister next year as he's in last year of contract. Norwood and Dunn can be extended as long as I like after trade. I realize Dunn is drifting towards the end. I will be able to get a draft pick out of this...not sure which one. He has 1.10, 1.12 and 2.3. I also have 2.5

Any help is appreciated.

I had McCallister as a key part in the team I won a large league with, and I think a few things about this trade.

McCallister has shown the propensity to get nicked up, and last year was one of his healthier years. The system works well between him and Bush clearly, and his lack of complaining about Bush's addition showed he is a team guy and that's a plus.

That all being said, he's getting older and might not be coming off a better year in the forseable future. Result? His value might be at an all time high. But keep in mind that a few years ago he was an easy first round pick until he got hurt.

If you're on the verge of losing him anyways and this guy really wants him I'd consider trying to get as many of his 1.10 1.12 and 2.3 picks in return for McCallister straight up. I don't know what the rest of your team looks like, but you could restock instantly. Also, I don't do salary cap so I don't know if the other guy would even be able to temporarily take on McCallister money while keeping Dunn and Norwood.

This was my first thought because investing in the Atlanta running game right now with a new coach and these bubbling QB issues would be something that could haunt you for some time. They could become a hot potato/albatross for your team. You also violate a rule with this trade which is: never be the one trading the best player in the trade, although I will admit Norwood might surprise down the road but he has a lot to overcome in Atlanta. Dunn is meh, but other will disagree with me there.

If you can't get younger, I'd keep McCallister or find a better offer. Keep the 1.5 no matter what.

Dynasty I'd probably do it for Norwood, 1.10 and if you can get it another pick or possibly upgrade one of your own picks. That would net you the likely future in Atlanta and a pretty good WR in the draft. For a RB who's on the downside of his career(possibly 1-2 more productive seasons) that's not too bad.

Hmm, sound advice. Problem is he really wants the 1.5, more so that McAllister. I mentioned wanting Norwood as I like his ability. Dunn was a transitional throw-in probably while Norwood takes over.

Anyway, I have RBrown, Addai, AGreen and Droughns as RBs in 12 man league. Manning and Leinert at QB. TE, K and Def are fine. Kinda mediocre at WR, but having a hard time getting one.

The points about the coaching turnover and QB problems bother me. I may use the 1.5 to try and net a top WR if I can find a suitor.

Hmm, sound advice. Problem is he really wants the 1.5, more so that McAllister. I mentioned wanting Norwood as I like his ability. Dunn was a transitional throw-in probably while Norwood takes over.

Anyway, I have RBrown, Addai, AGreen and Droughns as RBs in 12 man league. Manning and Leinert at QB. TE, K and Def are fine. Kinda mediocre at WR, but having a hard time getting one.

The points about the coaching turnover and QB problems bother me. I may use the 1.5 to try and net a top WR if I can find a suitor.

Seeing the rest of your RB's makes me think you're on the right track in dishing the 1.5 for a proven WR. I think Addai looks strong, given the depth behind him and at this point if you start 2 RBs Addai and McCallister would be hard to improve upon until we get a sense of Miami's attack this year. Green or Droughns are both in the VERY hit or miss category until they demonstrate consistency.

I think giving up Deuce and 1.5 pick is too much for RBs on the same team. If he get's your 1.5 pick, he is going to dominate your league's draft. I would see if he would throw in another pick in the offer.

Even though Deuce has an injury history, he still outperformed Dunn and Norwood. You have the top performer in this deal and I don't think that you should compromise your position just on the potential of Norwood. He needs to give up something else to make this deal even in my book. Hit him up for another pick or player with upside.

Good Luck!

Edited by Yannick Noah

Norwood is right at the top of my breakout players list but even I am not sure I would do that trade. You should definitely try to get a pick back from him. Maybe try to devalue Dunn to the other owner by saying he is at an all time low value wise so you need something else to even the trade. Everyone can be manipulated you just need to tell them what they need to hear.

Norwood is right at the top of my breakout players list but even I am not sure I would do that trade. You should definitely try to get a pick back from him. Maybe try to devalue Dunn to the other owner by saying he is at an all time low value wise so you need something else to even the trade. Everyone can be manipulated you just need to tell them what they need to hear.

+1

That's good advice. Dunn is about to be moved to a second fiddle role in ATL and is at the very tail end of his career in any case. He's worth nothing more than a handcuff to Norwood. McAllister is going to see planty of work despite Bush being in NO since I doubt Bush can be a featured RB given his build & height/weight ratio. NO has an ideal RBBC going and there's no real reason to change things up.

I'd see McAllister for Norwood/Dunn as a reasonably fair trade. I don't see where you benefit by giving up the 1.05 also.

OK, the trade is in flux.

He basically wants the 1.5 badly.

I am struggling to get a premier WR which is what I need to win. He just acquired RMoss, but at 16M(alot). I don't love Moss, but he's in my 2nd teir of elites. Basically top end potential, but with some caveats. I'd have to trade McAllister to get him, since McAll is costing me 20M. Otherwise I can't fit in Moss. Here's the trade that I'm pondering:

He gives:

RMoss

Norwood

'08 1st rounder

I give:

McAllister

Muhammed or Chambers or Galloway

So it started with

Norwood (2M)

Dunn (4M0

for

McAllister (20M)

1.5pick in rookie draft

and now you have it at

RMoss

Norwood

'08 1st rounder

for

McAllister

Muhammed or Chambers or Galloway

---------------------------------------------

I think you have worked the trade quite well. You now have Moss over Dunn, the 1.10 and an 08 first rounder thrown in and you only are adding one of the wrs.

I would say move whichever WR has the worst contract. I think you have definitely worked this into a lot better trade. I would do it now but like I said I like Norwood more than most.

Edited by Sleeping King

OK, the final trade ended up this way. Thanks for help:

I got Moss

5M towards his 16M contract

His '08 1st rounder (should be pretty good pick)

for

my 1.5

my '08 2nd rounder (better be bad)

Wes Welker

Strange but it swung around exactly the way I wanted. I like Norwood, but standing pat everywhere and getting a 'potentially' top WR is what I needed. Getting his '08 pick should be huge. I don't love this draft anyway and was gonna trade down from 1.5 originally. My squad now is:

QB: PManning, Leinert , Gradkowski

RB: Addai, McAllister, RBrown, AGreen, Droughns

WR: RMoss, Galloway, Chambers, Muhammed

TE: LJSmith, VDavis

K: Rackers

D: BaltD

The team is not invincible, but has few holes for a 12 man league team. Main thing is getting to playoffs, winning it will depend on how I handle the ups and downs of the season, injuries and free agency. I still have 5M to spend out of 75, so I can make some smaller moves.

Edited by aggiebones