[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about music files.

skylive5

I have a whole raft of mp3's on my machine and an mp3 player. (NOT an ipod.) The problem I have is that there is too much bass in some of the songs and I have to turn up the volume way up on some to be able to hear them through my stereo off the player.

What I need to know is ... Is there software out there that I can run my mp3's through that will allow me to take some of the bass out and that will allow a minimum volume setting so that I don't have to turn the volume up and down all the time?

I don't want to take forever trying to learn how to edit each file with an equalizer or audio editor... want something simple and easy that I can run the music through and get what I want. They make anything out there like that?

I have a whole raft of mp3's on my machine and an mp3 player. (NOT an ipod.) The problem I have is that there is too much bass in some of the songs and I have to turn up the volume way up on some to be able to hear them through my stereo off the player.

What I need to know is ... Is there software out there that I can run my mp3's through that will allow me to take some of the bass out and that will allow a minimum volume setting so that I don't have to turn the volume up and down all the time?

I don't want to take forever trying to learn how to edit each file with an equalizer or audio editor... want something simple and easy that I can run the music through and get what I want. They make anything out there like that?

Hey Sky, Have you checked the mp3 player itself to see if there is a way to change EQ settings?I have an Alienware mp3 player, and it's got about 8 different settings for different kinds of music, so I usually need to run though them to get the best sound.

Hey Sky, Have you checked the mp3 player itself to see if there is a way to change EQ settings?I have an Alienware mp3 player, and it's got about 8 different settings for different kinds of music, so I usually need to run though them to get the best sound.

Hmmmm..... :D Lemme go check.

this sounds like the best way. with itunes, there is full equalizer functionality and you can also save many equalizer presets and then apply them to individual songs or genres of music. also in itunes is a 'sound check' feature that adjusts all songs being played to the same playback level (to stop one song from coming on that overpowers the other). i'd look for these options in your current mp3 player or look at various players.

So I go check and lo and behold in the settings is an equalizer...LOL Of course it doesn't work and I have to download an update and of course the device manager is corrupted and I have to reinstall it and then redownload the update and of course the update deletes everything on the player and of course I have to spend the next 4 hours setting everything back up and getting everything back on to the player.....but in the end I at least have the bass problem taken care of. :D

So thank you Bone.... I have 1/2 of the problem solved. Now all I need is for someone to tell me where to find some software that will take care of the volume problem.

So I go check and lo and behold in the settings is an equalizer...LOL Of course it doesn't work and I have to download an update and of course the device manager is corrupted and I have to reinstall it and then redownload the update and of course the update deletes everything on the player and of course I have to spend the next 4 hours setting everything back up and getting everything back on to the player.....but in the end I at least have the bass problem taken care of. :D

So thank you Bone.... I have 1/2 of the problem solved. Now all I need is for someone to tell me where to find some software that will take care of the volume problem.

Did you rip all of your MP3s? I used MusicMatch to rip my CD's, and I found that if you use the same software to rip it helps. I also have an equalizer that I use to increase the bass... easiest way.

Creative's Media Source has something called "Smart Volume Management." It does what you are asking. I use it on the PC. No clue if it will work on your MP3 player,

I will check it out.... and will keep my fingers crossed that it will do what I want. :D

Thanks.

Did you rip all of your MP3s? I used MusicMatch to rip my CD's, and I found that if you use the same software to rip it helps. I also have an equalizer that I use to increase the bass... easiest way.

About 95 percent I ripped. Don't have a problem with those. It is the other 5 percent that I didn't personally rip that are giving me the problem.

Sky - I think this is the one I've used in the past:

http://www.download.com/MP3-Normalizer/300...tml?tag=lst-0-1

I did pay for the fully functional version. I was a little peeved at their customer service, as they wouldn't give me a new key when my hard drive crashed. All in all, it worked reasonably well for me.

EDIT:

This is for sure the one I used:

http://www.download.com/MP3BR-Normalizer/3...4-10170679.html

I really liked the "match all of these songs to the volume of this song" function. However, read the download.com comments section, as some people have had the software mess with their OS.

Edited by Dr. Love

Sky - I think this is the one I've used in the past:

http://www.download.com/MP3-Normalizer/300...tml?tag=lst-0-1

I did pay for the fully functional version. I was a little peeved at their customer service, as they wouldn't give me a new key when my hard drive crashed. All in all, it worked reasonably well for me.

EDIT:

This is for sure the one I used:

http://www.download.com/MP3BR-Normalizer/3...4-10170679.html

I really liked the "match all of these songs to the volume of this song" function. However, read the download.com comments section, as some people have had the software mess with their OS.

You say it worked for you? Hmmmm...... I will check it out ... see if there are more comments elsewhere, maybe a review or two.... as the comments at CNET aren't over the top. LOL

Thank you sir.... off to check it out.