[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Car guys

alexgaddis

It's a ricer...are any of the door panels, hood and other miscellaneous things hanging off it supposed to match?

(Painting that shouldn't cost much at all)

Shouldn't is the key word there...Its a small surface area but they are going to charge all the set up and paint matching and everything I am assuming...

Can I just get some touch up paint and paint it myself? Will it look awful?

Edited by alexgaddis

It'll probably come out looking like crap if you do it yourself. I'm assuming you don't have a sprayer and don't want to deal with clearcoat? I can't see anyone charging more than $100 to shoot it. It's been a long time since I had anything painted though.

It'll probably come out looking like crap if you do it yourself. I'm assuming you don't have a sprayer and don't want to deal with clearcoat? I can't see anyone charging more than $100 to shoot it. It's been a long time since I had anything painted though.

well after I posted the idea of painting it myself I realized how stupid of an idea it was...going to check with the local body shop right now...

well after I posted the idea of painting it myself I realized how stupid of an idea it was...going to check with the local body shop right now...

definitely not worth trying yourself. Unless you're trying for the hoopdie look...

You should be able to buy one the right color already, or get one from salvage.

Ebay only has the aftermarket unpainted ones...

Talked to the body shop just now...

$92 to install and paint a part I get...(which was about $35 off ebay)

$252 to install and paint the mirror they order from the dealer...no thanks

Now I need to figure out if the mirror is heated or not...:D

Edited by alexgaddis