[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith value?

mr. b00m

Im in a 12 team standard keeper league, I have been offered WR Steve Smith for the #1 overall pick. My current keepers are RB Edge James, RB Joseph Addai, and WR Roy Williams. I could certainly use some punching power at WR, but is he really worth the #1 overall pick? Tough decision for me, just thought i'd get some input and opinions. Thanks.

How many keepers does each team keep?

It appear at minimum 3 based on what you have listed, but of you are planning to keep RW over SS we got a lot more talking to do. Also, how many RBs can you start? How many WRs?

Most likely a no-brainer that you take the deal and enjoy Smith. Only way I see you not doing it is if you are sold on Peterson or Lynch, or if there is another RB worth taking (though, with Edge as a primary back for you, it may be enticing to get that youth infusion) or if you start 3 RBs. Still, hard to pass up on potentially the #1 WR in football, a for sure early 2nd round pick at the cost of the #1 overall when at least 3 players er team are kept.

It is a good value for Smith for sure, it just depends on exactly who other than the rookie RBs you expect to be there. The fact you are not sold on anyone yet would lead me towards taking the deal.

Im not sure yet who I would draft at #1, but definitely a WR or RB.

Well, if you're going to use the #1 pick on a WR, you can't get a better one than Smith. Make the trade.

If you want to go RB with the #1 pick - and worst case you'll be drafting AD or Lynch, and there may be better RB potential on the board than that - then you hold the pick & take a RB.

So the question comes down to how much you think Edge has left in the tank, I'd guess.

Think of it as a redraft. You could do a lot worse than the 1st rounder with Addai, 2nd rounder with S Smith, 3rd rounder with Edge, and 4th rounder with R Williams. That's a very solid base & gives you great flexibility with your next pick. I think I might make that trade.

Thanks guys for the input. Big Country, Sorry , yes it is a 3 player keeper league. I can start 2 RB and 3 WR, so most likely I will be seeking a WR at #1, unless ofcourse I decide to take a solid RB for later trading for a WR, thats always possible. And you brought up a good point Big Country, I am not yet sold on anyone, and the draft is in 48 hours. Im strongly considering taking the trade. But the other worry I have is the performance of Edge James, last year he killed me, but the year prior helped me win the superbowl. It's a tough call I still have a little while to decide :p

Well, if you're going to use the #1 pick on a WR, you can't get a better one than Smith. Make the trade.

If you want to go RB with the #1 pick - and worst case you'll be drafting AD or Lynch, and there may be better RB potential on the board than that - then you hold the pick & take a RB.

So the question comes down to how much you think Edge has left in the tank, I'd guess.

Think of it as a redraft. You could do a lot worse than the 1st rounder with Addai, 2nd rounder with S Smith, 3rd rounder with Edge, and 4th rounder with R Williams. That's a very solid base & gives you great flexibility with your next pick. I think I might make that trade.

as always billy is on the money !!!!!!!!!