[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pursuit Of Happyness

Menudo

I finally got around to watching this movie, and I really enjoyed it. I think Will Smith is a terrific actor, and his son was pretty impressive in his acting debut. This was one of the better movies that I have seen recently. :D

I thought it was slow moving at times, but it was a pretty decent movie.

wurd- slowest flick I have seen in a long time. I mean, 90% of the movie was him struggling, ok, I got it- enough. Thought they could have picked it up a bit and done a better job. Couldn't pay me to sit thru that chit again.

As far as a "Wow! I feel inspired!" movie, I thought Rudy was much better and I hate ND. I thought this was just Ok.

wurd- slowest flick I have seen in a long time. I mean, 90% of the movie was him struggling, ok, I got it- enough. Thought they could have picked it up a bit and done a better job. Couldn't pay me to sit thru that chit again.

That is what I liked about it. It seemed real. Instead of just quickly showing a montage of him fighting through his downtime and getting it together. It did a good job of showing how low he got. It isn't the kind of movie I would watch over and over again, but, I thought it was very good.

I thought it decent as well. Not great, not bad. And Smith's boy sucked ass and I didn't get all the hoopla afforded him.

The kid is only 8 years old, and I thought he was very good. To each their own.

Edited by Menudo

I thought it was slow moving at times, but it was a pretty decent movie.

Took the kids and wife to it. It was very slow. Of course, it was a great story, but they spent too much time on the depressing part of his life. I wish they would of cut that back about 20 minutes and finished the movie with a little more background on how he went forward once he got his big break.

As far as a "Wow! I feel inspired!" movie, I thought Rudy was much better and I hate ND. I thought this was just Ok.

Muckette and I were expecting a really inspiring movie. We were only modestly inspired and IIRC and probably won't watch it again.

It's one of my favorite movies. I never really thought it was very slow, but they had to concentrate on the depressing parts of his life to make the ending that much better. I also thought Will Smith and his son did a great job.

I think only smart people "get it" :D

I read an interview with the guy whose life the movie is about. When he watched the movie and it ended, he was stunned and speechless so he just got up and left without saying anything to the producer or director. They didn't know if he was unhappy with it or pissed off or what.

He said he was stunned by how realistically they captured the low points of his life -- it was like he was re-living the emotions he had at the time. That tells me that it was good acting, good directing, etc.

He said he was stunned by how realistically they captured the low points of his life -- it was like he was re-living the emotions he had at the time. That tells me that it was good acting, good directing, etc.

No, that tells me that they were able to accurately capture those moments from his perspective. Being intimately familiar with them I would have been shocked if he wasn't moved seeing them on the screen. It does not mean that the director and actors were able to evoke any kind of emotions in the other people that viewed the movie though.