[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WCOFF roster

Just got through with a satellite league draft and looking at my roster there are more holes in it than swiss cheese--this is a no trade league--so what are the major areas of need.

12 Teams--standard Wcoff

QB-1, RB-2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1-2, K-1, D-1

Bulger

Cutler

Gore

B.Jacobs

Norwood

Betts

Droughns

M.Bush

Wayne

TJ

Holmes

Curtis

Meachum

T. Perry

J. Hall

McMicheal

Owens

Denver

Miami

Nugent

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Tough without trades to up grade QB, RB & WR

but I don't like your Kicker, def should be OK, maybe a better TE

doubt you will find any upgrades via WW at this time other than a kicker

I think your roster look pretty good. Good mix of proven players with high upside young skill players. You're going to win, not finish 3rd or 4th - that requires risk. I think you took good risks in good spots with that philosophy in mind.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I agree with BB on the mix of vets and upside young players.

QB-No problem here.Bulger is top 5 and Cutler should do alright as your #2 QB. Bulger should at least equal last years' numbers. The addition of Drew Bennett and Randy McMichael could in all likelyhood bump his numbers up from 2006. Cutler, I think, may surprise you this year. IMO he stands a good chance of finishing in the top 10. His future looks very bright.

RB- Being a lifelong Niners fan you know I'm gonna pimp Gore. The 49ers offense will be better this year and Frank should post good RB1 numbers. Jacobs and Norwood will be your next best two backs and will post decent numbers even with Droughns and Dunn sharing any portion of the work. Atlanta's a mess right now with Vick's problems but I think Jerious has a chance to be the main producer. Betts is gonna get playing time. How much we'll have to wait and see. If Portis is out for any length of time Betts will get good numbers. Michael Bush has a lot of other backs to contend with so I don't know how he'll fare.

WR- Wayne and Houshyomama are gonna give you excellant WR1 and WR2 numbers this year. Holmes will be a more prominant part of the Steelers passing attack this year and could post half a dozen td's with decent yardage. Not sure how Curtis will fare his first year in Philly. Your receiving corps is probably the area of greatest need if you're looking to improve anywhere. I see uncertainty with your receivers after Wayne, Housh and Holmes.

TE- Here's another area you may want to try and improve on. I think Daniels will do alright but he still has question marks as to how good he'll produce being he's on the Texans and they haven't exactly been an offensive juggernaut. McMichael seemed to be a promising TE at one point and he still may be but he may not see the ball a whole lot with other players on the Rams are sure to get the ball before he does. Keep an eye on the WW as there could be a TE bust out that could help you.

DEF- You should do alright with Denver and Miami.

PK- The Jets should put decent points on the board and Nugent could end up being serviceable. Otherwise keep an eye on the WW.

Overall I think you've got a decent team and should fare pretty good in terms of wins and losses. I just think you could increase your chances of winning if you can get some added help at the receiver and TE position. Keep very involved in the waiver wire and who's available. You may have to jump on a player quick and take some risk to get them but the wire could be gold for you if you make the right decisions. Good luck to you.

In this satellite WCOFF league for the first 14 weeks it is points with the top four teams playing a H2H playoff. The winner gets either cash or entry plus room for next year 's tournament in Vegas

1-Gore

2-Wayne

3-TJ

4-Jacobs

5-Bulger--with what he has this year and schedule

6-Norwood

7-Betts

8-Holmes

9-Curtis

10-Cutler

11-Droughns

12-Meachum

13-McMicheal

14-Denver

15-Owens

16-Miami

17-Bush

18-Hill

19-T.Perry

20-Nugent

unfortunately will need alot of luck and good health ---

Edited by Sir Loins of Beef

In this satellite WCOFF league for the first 14 weeks it is points with the top four teams making the playoffs--winner gets cash or entry with room to the main event next year in Vegas-this is a PPR league

1-Gore

2-Wayne

3-TJ

4-Jacobs

5-Bulger--with what he has this year and schedule

6-Norwood

7-Betts

8-Holmes

9-Curtis

10-Cutler

11-Droughns

12-Meachum

13-McMicheal

14-Denver

15-Owens

16-Miami

17-Bush

18-Hill

19-T.Perry

20-Nugent

unfortunately will need alot of luck and good health ---

I kind of like what you did. You get Gore as a #1RB while Jacobs/Norwood/Betts will probably give you at least a decent #2 RB while you got some good WR's in the 2nd and 3rd round. Did WR's start flying in the 2nd round? I'm suprised you didn't get a Holt and maybe Owens types instead of Wayne/Housh.

The one weak point might be your chance for a decent WR#3 and/or #4 in Holmes, Curtis, Meachum, Perry (who did I miss).

I think TE McMichael in the 13th round could look pretty good at the end of the year.

Had Wayne seventh on my board and TJ tenth--so starting 3 wideouts with a flex--receivers were in demand early this year. The only receiver you missed was Hill from San Francisco who I took as a flier --just don't believe Jackson or Lelie are going to be there this year and with D's respecting Gore and Davis was looking for a little magic with Hill--- I had to give up something so Te strength and wide receiver depth are lacking hopefully I can stay on top of the WW early to see whom emerges.. Waiver wire opens after the first weeks games