[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Advice

mrOrange

more information on the scoring/starting lineup/league would be nice. At the moment I would say McGahee and Portis though. Unless its a heavy QB scoring system or 2 QB league, Quarterbacks should never be considered.

more information on the scoring/starting lineup/league would be nice. At the moment I would say McGahee and Portis though. Unless its a heavy QB scoring system or 2 QB league, Quarterbacks should never be considered.

1 QB

5pt per Pass TD

6pt per TD (rushing or recieving)

1 pt per 10 rush/rec yd

1 pt per 25 pass yd

• 2 weeks later...

IMO....McNabb will rebound in a huge way....I'd consider keeping McGahee/McNabb unless I heard some good info about Portis. He's still rehabbing, he's always injured, and they signed Betts to a huge contract and said he would definetly get more carries than in the past. I think McNabb holds less risk than Portis at this point.

IMO....McNabb will rebound in a huge way....I'd consider keeping McGahee/McNabb unless I heard some good info about Portis. He's still rehabbing, he's always injured, and they signed Betts to a huge contract and said he would definetly get more carries than in the past. I think McNabb holds less risk than Portis at this point.

:D

Okay, I need someone to explain this mindset to me. Even if you are 100% convinced that Portis will get hurt early and/or lose his starting job to Betts, and then you also are 100% convinced that not only will McNabb have the same ppw average he had last year (which was superb), but that he also will absolutely play all 16 games, you still don't keep McNabb, with the possible excpetion of a 16 team or larger start 2 QB/1 RB league.

McNabb's ADP is currently 49, which means he's on average the 1st pick of the 5th round in a 12 team league - as perceived by others. Portis' ADP is currently 16, which means he's on average worth the 4th pick in the 2nd round.

So even if you are 100% certain of the predictions that you've made above regarding your opinion of McNabb & Portis, you can keep Portis and then wait until the 2nd round of the draft to select McNabb, and be almost certain of getting him. Or, if you really are that certain about Portis, you can trade him away for an additional 1st or 2nd round pick - which some owner in the league would give up for him, I'd imagine - and then pick McNabb in the 2nd round.

One of the surest ways to have a bad draft - other than to do no homework at all and/or take CBSSportsline's cheatsheet into a draft - is to draft according to how you value a player and completely ignore that player's perceived value by others in your league. You'll end up drafting players, like McNabb in this instance, way too early and allow others to get much better value ahead of you in the draft while get below value players in your draft. That kind of philosophy can win you only one thing in a FF league - a high draft pick next year.