[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jap/Korean Gun

H8tank

A friends grandfather recently passed away, and his ol lady is giving all his guns away.

We have a bolt action rifle with asian markings that I have no idea what it is, calibur or if rounds could be had.

Here are some high-res picks if anyone has a clue: www.h8tank.net/gun.zip

A friends grandfather recently passed away, and his ol lady is giving all his guns away.

We have a bolt action rifle with asian markings that I have no idea what it is, calibur or if rounds could be had.

My sister-in-law is Korean and speaks Chinese. I'll email her the photos...

This isn't another picture of spain playing with himself, right?

I have a friend that is the curator of the Virginia Military History Museum. He may be able to identify this from the pics. I'll see what I can do.

Check out this page.

IT is a Type 30 Japanese rifle (7.62mm). Notice the third picture down on the page with an overheard view of the recevier - it looks identical to yours. The main difference it seems is that it should have the mark of the royal family (a chrysanthenum) but your overhead pitcture looks like it was ground off. That could have something to do with getting into this country. A few rifles were made without the mark in WWII but only near the end when they were whipping out very cheaply made inferior quality rifles because they were running out of metal but otherwise it should be there. You can sort of faintly see the circular depression where it was.

overhead of the bolt

Side view of rifle

Further proving the point is the bayonet

look at the third bayonet down. It is identical to yours and is for the Model 30 Arisaka

Here some one tried to sell their for $200 with no takers.

Got anything else interesting?

George costanza's dad speaks fluent korean and may be able to help :D

IT is a Type 30 Japanese rifle (7.62mm).

That's exactly what I was gonna guess. My dad has one and I hunt with a Jap 7.7mm. Shells are expensive! ETA and very hard to find!

Edited by Hat Trick