[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BEST SITUATION TO WIN?

Ok here's3 "stages". Stage 1 is the original roster. Stage 2 is after 1 trade. Stage 3 is after another trade. This is a ten team keeper, we keep 8, start 2 QBs, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE,1K, no defenses. I have the 10th pick in the draft.

Stage 1

McNabb, Brees, Portis, T.Jones, Plax, Marvin, Ward, Shockey. Picks: 1st rd(10th), 2nd rd(11th), 3rd rd(30th), 4th rd(31st), 7th rd(70th), 8th (71), and 2 9th rnd picks

Stage 2

McNabb, Brees , Portis, Westy, Plax, MArvin, Ward, Shockey. Picks: 2nd rd(11th), 3rd rd(30th), 4th rd(31st), 7th rd(70th), 8th (71), and 2 9th rnd picks.

Stage 3

McNabb, Brees, Rudi, Westy, Stallworth, Marvin, Ward, Shockey. Picks:2nd rd(11th), 3rd rd(30th), 4th rd(31st), 7th rd(70th), 8th (71), and 2 9th rnd picks.

Which stage/situation puts me in the best situation to win?

Without taking the time to really think through who you're likely giving up with the 1-10 pick, I'm thinking Stage 2 having Portis instead of Rudi, Westbrook instead of T.Jones, and Burress instead of Stallworth.

i like stage 3. portis is still an injury question mark as far as i'm concerned, especially with the way betts peformed last year. rudi is rock solid for numbers and westy always has the breakout potential with his receiving game (and he is a no brainer if you have ppr). plax has the edge over stallworth, but donte should be solid with the pats.

plax has the edge over stallworth, but donte should be solid with the pats.

In their last three seasons

Stallworth: 44 games, 166 rec, 2437 yards, 17 TD

Burress: 42 games, 174 rec, 2900 yards, 22 TD

Per game averages (1/10yds):

Stallworth 7.86

Burress 10.05

Stallworth is on his 3rd team in 3 seasons, and going someplace where there hasn't been a 1000 yard receiver since 2001 AND he's not the only WR they added to the mix this off-season.

I'm not seeing how they compare. Burress may be a borderline WR keeper, but Stallworth isn't really even worth having on a roster.

Without taking the time to really think through who you're likely giving up with the 1-10 pick, I'm thinking Stage 2 having Portis instead of Rudi, Westbrook instead of T.Jones, and Burress instead of Stallworth.

I agree.

You know what youre going to get with Rudi, which is respectable, but if you want to win you need a game changer like Portis.

I'll go with stage 2 also.

The difference between going from stage 1 to stage 2 is that you moved your 1st rounder & Jones for Westbrook. But with 8 keepers that essentially becomes T Jones & a 9th round pick for Westbrook if it were a redraft. Who wouldn't do that deal?

I like your stage 3 RBs better than your stage 2 RBs, since Portis has injury and RBBC issues and Rudi is about a consistent a RB as you are likely to find. That said, the trade off of giving up Burress for Stallworth doesn't justify that trade off - especially with Stallworth now in NE and Moss having arrived there also. Stage 2 appears to be your optimal situation.