[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

U.S. Fears Terror Spectacular Planned

Flip_Side

Al-Qaeda commander Seif al-Adl gloated about the war in Iraq, indicating, "The Americans took the bait and fell into our trap."

Yeah, we should do like we did after WTC '93, NOTHING. The Cole? NOTHING. Our Embassy's? NOTHING!

They sure left us alone! :D

Iraq?

"Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price."

Senator Hillary Clinton (Democrat, New York)

September 13, 2001

http://www.wavsource.com/news/20010911a.htm

These idiots? I think that there are many people who aren't idiots who were negatively affected by the war who didn't exactly see things from Bill Swerski's perspective and wanted to somehow take control of their lives and strike back. I can see how many might have been disillusion about the government we set up for them, the security we provided and our rebuilding efforts.

Neato that you have the omniscience to tell me what the terrorists (many who were likely pharmasists, ditch diggers and chefs before we invaded and occupied) would have done if we had not invaded Iraq. You need to work for the state department.

Um, so you're saying that Ahmed Average who owns a small business in Baghdad is planting IEDs now because he's upset about not living under Saddam anymore? That's brilliant. More likely, many of the "idiots" are jihadists from Iran and Syria or nutcases under the likes of people like Al Sadr who were suppressed under Saddam's rule.

You also conveniently forget that Afghanistan was a massive breeding ground for terrorists back in the '90s and was basically ignored by the previous administration who was more concerned about ruffling the feathers of the Saudis than doing the right thing.

Reports from the CIA, the U.S. State Department, the FBI, and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, as well as the investigations of foreign intelligence agencies found no evidence of an operational connection between the ties between Saddam and al-Qaeda.

I never claimed that, smarty pants.

If you want to believe that not invading Iraq would've halted the spawning of these jihadist idiots, you need to stop hitting the bong. What do you suppose spawns more terrorists, an invasion to overthrow a secular dictator like Saddam or 40% unemployment in Saudi Arabia? These idiots have TREMENDOUS political support in places like Iran and Syria, as well as ample local popular support in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Somalia, etc. The movement has been around for decades and the regional poverty and political corruption that spawned it has gotten even worse.

Invading iraq has done nothing to prevent terrorist attacks on the US ..on our soil

Last I remembered , the 9/11 terrorists were no from iraq ( not one of them ) , the mastermind osama was not from iraq , and al qaeda at that time was not an iraqi based terrorist group ...bill if you can please explain further how invading iraq how stopped attacks on american soil ?

And by the way there are more terrorists now than pre iraq invasion

Sorry bill only thing simplistic has been your replies

But if you want to know what has helped us to be safer ..its Intelligence and the work of cia , fbi and other agencies both in US and with other countries is what will help and has helped protect the US from subsequent terrorist attacks on our soil much more than any war in iraq imho

...bill if you can please explain further how invading iraq how stopped attacks on american soil ?

I'll let my fav person say it:

"Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price."

Senator Hillary Clinton (Democrat, New York)

September 13, 2001

http://www.wavsource.com/news/20010911a.htm

Yeah, we should do like we did after WTC '93, NOTHING. The Cole? NOTHING. Our Embassy's? NOTHING!

They sure left us alone! :D

Iraq?

Do you think we should have invaded Norway for WTC '93? Germany for the Cole? Mexico for our Embassies? If you answer is 'no' than your post has little relevance.

Sorry bill only thing simplistic has been your replies

Poverty, unemployment, massive political corruption, a lack of Democracy and basic civil rights, a lack of education, a lack of free press, rampant anti-Semitism, and religious fanatacism produce a hell of a lot more terrorists than the overthrow of a brutal dictator unfriendly to Islamic fundamentalists. Your fingers are pointed in the wrong direction.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Um, so you're saying that Ahmed Average who owns a small business in Baghdad is planting IEDs now because he's upset about not living under Saddam anymore? That's brilliant. More likely, many of the "idiots" are jihadists from Iran and Syria or nutcases under the likes of people like Al Sadr who were suppressed under Saddam's rule.

Maybe he is upset that there is WAY more violence in his life than before America invaded. Maybe he is upset that the government put in place is about as legit as Saddams. Personally - I just don't think they feel as safe as they were under Saddam (this is not saying that Saddam was not evil - but rather that we are screwing the pooch in our efforts). I can see how your average Iraqi sees nothing good in store.

You also conveniently forget that Afghanistan was a massive breeding ground for terrorists back in the '90s and was basically ignored by the previous administration who was more concerned about ruffling the feathers of the Saudis than doing the right thing.

Clinton got a swak. In the '90s everything that went well = reagenomics. Today everything that goes wrong is Clintons fault. Delightful. How this matters is beyond me. How many Iraqis were on the three flights? Were the Afganis harboring Osama? Did they refuse to give him to us?

I never claimed that, smarty pants.

Never said you did - but there had to be a reason for us not putting all our resources into Iraq, right?

If you want to believe that not invading Iraq would've halted the spawning of these jihadist idiots, you need to stop hitting the bong. What do you suppose spawns more terrorists, an invasion to overthrow a secular dictator like Saddam or 40% unemployment in Saudi Arabia? These idiots have TREMENDOUS political support in places like Iran and Syria, as well as ample local popular support in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Somalia, etc. The movement has been around for decades and the regional poverty and political corruption that spawned it has gotten even worse.

The bong. Clever. So this is about unemployment, right?

Poverty, unemployment, massive political corruption, a lack of Democracy and basic civil rights, a lack of education, a lack of free press, rampant anti-Semitism, and religious fanatacism produce a hell of a lot more terrorists than the overthrow of a brutal dictator unfriendly to Islamic fundamentalists. Your fingers are pointed in the wrong direction.

Thanks but this is totally off base what was being discussed ,,,and I certainly am not pointing fingers but if my question was deemed simplistic , sort have to express myself and show it was not the question that was simple

Uhhhmmm, I'm not scared sally.

:D

All you do is post over and over again about how terrorism is going to kill you and everyone you know, and that people aren't scared enough.

You're seriously the most scared person I know. Are you kidding?

EDIT: Sorry. You tie with Balla.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Maybe he is upset that there is WAY more violence in his life than before America invaded. Maybe he is upset that the government put in place is about as legit as Saddams.

So, in other words, it's nothing more than conjecture on your part? Even if successful surgeons and business owners have decided to "join in the jihad against the Americans", I'd bet that they constitute a miniscule minority. People who have nothing to lose strap bombs to themselves, not successful people with money and families.

Personally - I just don't think they feel as safe as they were under Saddam (this is not saying that Saddam was not evil - but rather that we are screwing the pooch in our efforts). I can see how your average Iraqi sees nothing good in store.

I believe that the average Iraqi isn't willing to throw his/her life away and leave their families to fend for themselves. I don't believe that the average Iraqi is any different from you or I in terms of what they want from life.

So this is about unemployment, right?

There are a lot of people in America who are just as pissed off about the Iraq was as the terrorists. Why aren't Americans strapping bombs to themselves? It's because they actually have something to live for.

Wouldn't you be more inclined to die for Allah if you had no chance of getting a job, living in a nice house, having a family, or living anything resembling a meaningful life? Now throw in years and years of anti-Semitic and anti-American brainwashing via the Clerics and the state-controlled anti-Western media. It's absolutely no wonder that the poverty, political corruption, lack of education, lack of basic human rights, and brainwashing prevalent all over the Middle East is producing terrorists. It's similar to what goes on in the poverty-stricken neghborhods in our own cities, just on a much grander scale: These people are being set up for failure because they have little to live for.

So of the billions of muslims in the world only the ones who strap themselves with bombs are poor ?? I guess the rest of the muslims are wealthy and love their lives and environment ..gimme a break

The ones who strapped bombs to themselves are fundamentalists psycho's who strap a bomb to themselves regardless

By the way the king of terrorists , osama bin laden , was and is filthy rich and could have lived like a king with no worries and the riches things in life at his disposal ...so why is he a terrorist ? Because it isn't about the poverty ...its about the hatred and sickness they have

So of the billions of muslims in the world only the ones who strap themselves with bombs are poor ?? I guess the rest of the muslims are wealthy and love their lives and environment ..gimme a break

The ones who strapped bombs to themselves are fundamentalists psycho's who strap a bomb to themselves regardless

By the way the king of terrorists , osama bin laden , was and is filthy rich and could have lived like a king with no worries and the riches things in life at his disposal ...so why is he a terrorist ? Because it isn't about the poverty ...its about the hatred and sickness they have

And that hatred is perpetuated in their culture, mosques, and state-controlled media. But poverty and hopelessness help A LOT in recruitment. Just look at the poor neighborhoods in London and Paris that are inhabited by Middle Eastern immigrants. Those neighborhoods have spawned quite a few terrorists, even without the cultural saturation of hatred. Indonesia has a completely different culture than the Middle East, yet has also become a terrorist hot spot in recent years. And it's because of poverty and hopelessness.

Edited by Bill Swerski

So, in other words, it's nothing more than conjecture on your part?

Funny. I post quotes from people monitoring this and you mention Amed Average and its me talking conjecture.

Even if successful surgeons and business owners have decided to "join in the jihad against the Americans", I'd bet that they constitute a miniscule minority.

conjecture?

People who have nothing to lose strap bombs to themselves, not successful people with money and families.

conjecture?

um... look at the cats on the planes in 9/11. Successful w/ jobs in free America. Nothing to lose.

I believe that the average Iraqi isn't willing to throw his/her life away and leave their families to fend for themselves. I don't believe that the average Iraqi is any different from you or I in terms of what they want from life.

Conjecture?

What if they could not walk their streets since the invasion without a serious risk getting kidnapped? What if they could not walk the streets since the invasion w/o a serious risk of being bombed. What if their friends and families were killed in a war they not only did not ask for - but a war they were supposed to pick flowers before to throw at the feet of the invaders?

Now.. I am not saying that Saddam was not a bad bad man. He was. There are many in the world - that need to be removed - but that does not erase mistakes by the US.

There are a lot of people in America who are just as pissed off about the Iraq was as the terrorists. Why aren't Americans strapping bombs to themselves? It's because they actually have something to live for.

I'd role with the religious thing. Brainwashing and such. The mentality that causes nations to riot when there is a 'rumor' of an American interigator putting a Koran in the toilet despite it being okay to play with the body parts of an American contractor like it is a soccer ball. Is the mentality our fault? No. Is fueling the mentality when it wasn't needed, yes.

Wouldn't you be more inclined to die for Allah if you had no chance of getting a job, living in a nice house, having a family, or living anything resembling a meaningful life? Now throw in years and years of anti-Semitic and anti-American brainwashing via the Clerics and the state-controlled anti-Western media. It's absolutely no wonder that the poverty, political corruption, lack of education, lack of basic human rights, and brainwashing prevalent all over the Middle East is producing terrorists. It's similar to what goes on in the poverty-stricken neghborhods in our own cities, just on a much grander scale: These people are being set up for failure because they have little to live for.

eh... sure. That does not mean that we have not made it worse.

Edited by Duchess Jack

um... look at the cats on the planes in 9/11. Successful w/ jobs in free America. Nothing to lose.

Financed and sent here by al Qaeda. And wouldn't it make sense that they would send their most intelligent and most capable people on that mission? It'd be a bit difficult for an illiterate to learn much in flight school. If you think that educated, successful people make up the majority of terrorists, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

What if they could not walk their streets since the invasion without a serious risk getting kidnapped? What if they could not walk the streets since the invasion w/o a serious risk of being bombed.

What if they were kidnapped and tortured by Saddam's secret police in the middle of the night? Or shelled with nerve gas?

Now.. I am not saying that Saddam was not a bad bad man.

:D

I'd role with the religious thing. Brainwashing and such.

How do you explain terrorist cells growing in Thailand, England, and France well before 2003? The theocratic, state-controlled media telling them to kill Americans and Jews? :D IT'S POVERTY!

That does not mean that we have not made it worse.

Sure, just like the Danish cartoons and the knighting of Salman Rushie "made it worse." Islamic terrorists are like the alcoholic with anger management issues that hangs out at the local bar. If you say something to him, he wants to fight. If you look at him the wrong way, he wants to fight. If you ignore him and do nothing to provoke him, he wants to fight. These people are looking for ANY excuse to "wage jihad" against us. They're going to provoke a fight regardless of what we do.

Al-Qaeda commander Seif al-Adl gloated about the war in Iraq, indicating, "The Americans took the bait and fell into our trap."

does this imply that the al-fruckos were doing things in iraq before the war, thus making our 'flawed intel' credible

or

this Megan Fox is full of sh!t

Edited by dmarc117