[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Snake in the ...

max

Had to remove about a 4 foot rattler from my welcome mat last night. And he was pissed. I've been in this house for 6 months and I've had 2 snakes, a Gila Monstor, and a couple of Tarantulas. My wife is not a happy camper.

Damn. :D

That other house with the high lot fee isn't looking so bad about now eh?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my defense I can change my own car tires without calling AAA though. :cough:puddy:cough:

Hey, don't let your fear of nightcrawlers give you license to throw me under the bus. I would have bated that mofo and caught a couple of catfish. But that's just me.

Hey, don't let your fear of nightcrawlers give you license to throw me under the bus. I would have bated that mofo and caught a couple of catfish. But that's just me.

Agreed.

In all honesty you are probably much better with snakes than I am. I can't stand them.

Edited by max

We had a kitten do that when I was about six--the only problem is that we didn't know it was in there until we saw fur coming out from under the hood when my mom started the car. Not a very happy experience for a six year-old. :D

hmm... sometimes these situations work out better than others:

Dog nurses kitten found under SUV hood

Mon Jul 9, 6:07 PM ET

VICTORIA, Texas - By all accounts, Tahoe is a typical kitten: cute, sleepy and hungry. But his eating habits are far from typical, as the stray's been nursing from a 3-year-old dog named Lillie.

Ever since the kitten was found under the hood of Eunice Collins' running Chevrolet Tahoe a few weeks ago, he's been feeding from the unusually cooperative longhaired dachshund. Tahoe feeds in the morning, at night and after naps, purring and pawing at the dog's belly.

"That's not going to happen very often," said veterinarian John Beck, who added that the "kitten got lucky, basically" that he found a dog with those maternal instincts.

Collins said she was confused by the sound of a kitten meowing as she drove her Tahoe.

"I thought I was going crazy," Collins said. "I came to a light and heard it again. So I pulled into a gas station."

Collins took the kitten in and kept him in a bedroom. Four days later, she saw Lillie feeding him.

"I couldn't believe it," she said. "She has just taken Tahoe on as her baby and has been nurturing and taking care of him. They're just very close."

Beck said having Tahoe in the house "induced a false pregnancy, a nursing response."

"It made the hormones needed to produce milk," Beck said. "Now, I'm sure the cat obviously had it in mind the dog was (his) mother."

no havalina? yet... :D

I seen one crusing thru the small ravine behind the house. I live on the edge of the desert (I'm in Vail now Big John) and I see a lot of wildlife on my morning hikes. I picked the house for the views and the lack of traffic. So I'm willing to deal with a few desert creatures every now and then.

P.S. I just about laughed my ass off when my wife dove over the courtyard fence after seeing that snake. :D and now that she has had a day to think about it, she thinks it kinda funny also.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy