[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No child left behind.

evil_gop_liars

Isn't the way the system is set up, wonderful? I love when politicians try to decide what's best for education. :D They can't get much else right, so what makes anyone think they can get this right? I know many teachers aren't good and we know that the state of educating kids today is pretty rough and I don't know what the complete answer is to fix it all but I know that "No Child Left Behind" isn't the answer.

Well, that's exactly how it works in the real world, so this girl is now even better prepared for her sure to be stellar life from here on out. Someone will always be there to turn your failures into successes. End of lesson.

I hear civil service calling her name.

Samantha Fernandez, Indira’s mother, spoke on her behalf. “My daughter earned everything she got,” she said.
Yeah but then they changed that failing grade.

Of Mr. Lampros, she said, “He needs to grow up and be a man.”
Right. It's manly to pass someone who hasn't earned it, but it's childish to give someone the grade they earned.

:D Looks like mom wasn't exactly an A student either. Surprise.

But this is the coup de grace:

From Michigan, Mr. Lampros recalled one comment that Mrs. Fernandez made during their meeting about why it was important for Indira to graduate. She couldn’t afford to pay for her to attend another senior prom in another senior year.