[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson

Imageek

This has man crush written all over it. Everywhere I look on these pages it is Gore, Gore, Gore by this guy. At last he backed it up by taking him over SJax. :D

If we ever hear of a stalker of Gore, we better see if he has been posting lately.

Definetely severe man love. It's led me well before... :D

Just responded to this PM earlier:

It's not a matter of wearing orange & blue glasses - it's a matter of evaluating talent.

There isn't a throw on the field he can't make. He has one of the strongest arms in the NFL, but he knows enough to take something off the short throws and feather balls in between defenders with some touch. That's something it took Elways 5 years to learn. He's smart enough that he can allow Shanahan to run a great majority of his playbook with confidence - which helps his odds of success immensely. He's big & tough, and he has bulked up his upper body significantly from last year. He used to run option at Vandy for 2 years before they changed coaches & the O. His team mates love him & respect him. He carries himself like a veteran who has been in his position for a few years.

All the pieces are there for him to be a very, very good pro QB for a decade or more. Because he's young, he'll still throw a few head scratchers this year, but he's going to have a better year than he did last year as a starter - and last year he started 5 games and threw for 9 TDs vs 5 INTs. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see 3500 yds, 28-30 TDs, and 18-20 INTs out of him this coming season. He's got a lot of strong O pieces around him, and Shanahan can go into multiple sets with legit NFL players at each position for the first time since he started coaching here.

:D Ok, I know you are a homer and always appear to have all the answers but the bolded comment above is a stretch my friend. DEN is near the bottom for ease of passing schedule (they have one of the toughest schedules this season) and he is only a second year player. No way he comes close to that - He will be lucky to get 20 TDs this year.

Rod Smith is all but done which leaves only J. Walker as a viable WR - they do have a couple of reliable TEs but I just can't see anywhere near what you're projecting. Maybe a couple years down the road but not this year buddy.

Consensus in regard to global warming is BS.

Consensus in FF is usually good sense. I concur with SJax as the 2nd pick off the board.

The only problem with global warming is that if you are wrong....everyone is screwed....but with SJax....if you don't pick him you end up with Gore....not that serious of a miscue...if you catch my drift!!!!

:D Ok, I know you are a homer and always appear to have all the answers but the bolded comment above is a stretch my friend. DEN is near the bottom for ease of passing schedule (they have one of the toughest schedules this season) and he is only a second year player. No way he comes close to that - He will be lucky to get 20 TDs this year.

Rod Smith is all but done which leaves only J. Walker as a viable WR - they do have a couple of reliable TEs but I just can't see anywhere near what you're projecting. Maybe a couple years down the road but not this year buddy.

I'm seeing Cutler normally being projected (by non-Denver people) at 3200 yds, 22-24 TDs, and 12-14 INTs. Apparently you're a bit low on him. The jump from that kind of average projection to 3500 yds & 28 TDs isn't that far - especially seeing him throw almost 2 TDs a game as a rookie when being thrown in at the end of the year last season.

If you think Walker is all DEN has at WR, you are going to be seriously surprised by midseason when you see production out of Brandon Marshall and quite possibly Stokley, or some combination of Stokley & R Smith working out of the slot. I'm seeing Marshall being projected at 50 catches, 700 yds, and 4-5 TDs - and personally I think that's a little low based upon his last 5 games last season as a rookie. We won't even get into the depth with Hixon & Kircus at WR - who won't put up big numbers by any means but do give DEN decent quality depth at WR.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'm seeing Cutler normally being projected (by non-Denver people) at 3200 yds, 22-24 TDs, and 12-14 INTs. Apparently you're a bit low on him. The jump from that kind of average projection to 3500 yds & 28 TDs isn't that far - especially seeing him throw almost 2 TDs a game as a rookie when being thrown in at the end of the year last season.

If you think Walker is all DEN has at WR, you are going to be seriously surprised by midseason when you see production out of Brandon Marshall and quite possibly Stokley, or some combination of Stokley & R Smith working out of the slot. I'm seeing Marshall being projected at 50 catches, 700 yds, and 4-5 TDs - and personally I think that's a little low based upon his last 5 games last season as a rookie. We won't even get into the depth with Hixon & Kircus at WR - who won't put up big numbers by any means but do give DEN decent quality depth at WR.

has Marshall participated in camp yet?...I have had him as a possible sleeper WR this year, but have neglected drafting him in the Ladder league after hearing recent news...

also I have Cutler throwing 17 INT's...he could be closer to even 2900 yds and 21 TD's.....

but for a 1st year QB, these numbers are impressive because they show he can be resilient....

I think Marshall's production will be a telltale on how the offense goes....

:D

That was before the NFL draft was held, and I was hoping GB would be smart enough to take him with their 2nd rounder. I think Leonard would have performed very well as GB's #1 RB, and the fans would have loved him. Instead he got drafted into just about the worst situation possible for him.

:D Like salt on an open wound...