[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson

Imageek

I say Jackson is 2 because he is not holding out ( LJ at 3 ) and to me at this time he is better than Gore at 4 and than Alexander at 5 IMO..

He ought to be #2 regardless of the status of the other guys. He's the one guy on that list who has a reasonable probability of matching LT in FF points, and his situation is simply outstanding.

He ought to be #2 regardless of the status of the other guys. He's the one guy on that list who has a reasonable probability of matching LT in FF points, and his situation is simply outstanding.

My only concern with him is Leonard. I can see him getting some of the goal line carries that Jackson struggled with early last season. I still think he should be #2, I just don't see him matching LT in FF points.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Hey Bronco Billy, first off thanks for your two cents. Secondly what round do you think your boy Cutler will go in? I got my eye on him in the 10th or there abouts. I usually take a QB in the 5th, 6th or 7th but I am going with a new theory this year. Try to get a decent QB with good upside in the latter rounds.

My only concern with him is Leonard. I can see him getting some of the goal line carries that Jackson struggled with early last season. I still think he should be #2, I just don't see him matching LT in FF points.

I agree . odds are that he will be the only back that can get near those LT numbers but in FF for all we know some Joe Blow could pass them both on any :D sunday

Hey Bronco Billy, first off thanks for your two cents. Secondly what round do you think your boy Cutler will go in? I got my eye on him in the 10th or there abouts. I usually take a QB in the 5th, 6th or 7th but I am going with a new theory this year. Try to get a decent QB with good upside in the latter rounds.

Just responded to this PM earlier:

I am assuming that you are a Bronco's fan, if so what is your take on Cutler, real deal? If you are like most of the Bronco Fan's I know then no need to answer, he is the next coming of John Elway.

It's not a matter of wearing orange & blue glasses - it's a matter of evaluating talent.

There isn't a throw on the field he can't make. He has one of the strongest arms in the NFL, but he knows enough to take something off the short throws and feather balls in between defenders with some touch. That's something it took Elways 5 years to learn. He's smart enough that he can allow Shanahan to run a great majority of his playbook with confidence - which helps his odds of success immensely. He's big & tough, and he has bulked up his upper body significantly from last year. He used to run option at Vandy for 2 years before they changed coaches & the O. His team mates love him & respect him. He carries himself like a veteran who has been in his position for a few years.

All the pieces are there for him to be a very, very good pro QB for a decade or more. Because he's young, he'll still throw a few head scratchers this year, but he's going to have a better year than he did last year as a starter - and last year he started 5 games and threw for 9 TDs vs 5 INTs. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see 3500 yds, 28-30 TDs, and 18-20 INTs out of him this coming season. He's got a lot of strong O pieces around him, and Shanahan can go into multiple sets with legit NFL players at each position for the first time since he started coaching here.

Leonard does the same thing for SJax that Turner does for LT - gives him a legit rest while still allowing him to be the plow horse. That's not a bad thing, and doesn't force either guy to play injured - which can amplify an injury, sometimes badly.

Just responded to this PM earlier:

It's not a matter of wearing orange & blue glasses - it's a matter of evaluating talent.

There isn't a throw on the field he can't make. He has one of the strongest arms in the NFL, but he knows enough to take something off the short throws and feather balls in between defenders with some touch. That's something it took Elways 5 years to learn. He's smart enough that he can allow Shanahan to run a great majority of his playbook with confidence - which helps his odds of success immensely. He's big & tough, and he has bulked up his upper body significantly from last year. He used to run option at Vandy for 2 years before they changed coaches & the O. His team mates love him & respect him. He carries himself like a veteran who has been in his position for a few years.

All the pieces are there for him to be a very, very good pro QB for a decade or more. Because he's young, he'll still throw a few head scratchers this year, but he's going to have a better year than he did last year as a starter - and last year he started 5 games and threw for 9 TDs vs 5 INTs. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see 3500 yds, 28-30 TDs, and 18-20 INTs out of him this coming season. He's got a lot of strong O pieces around him, and Shanahan can go into multiple sets with legit NFL players at each position for the first time since he started coaching here.

That is classic. Jesus, I might take this guy in the 5th. To hell with Norwood. I hope your in sales Bronco because now I'm bummed he is not a Charger.

That is classic. Jesus, I might take this guy in the 5th. To hell with Norwood. I hope your in sales Bronco because now I'm bummed he is not a Charger.

:D

Rivers and Cutler are cut from the same cloth. Rivers is on the verge of exploding onto the scene. His biggest problem is that his main talent lies in his short receivers. Cutler has talented enough WRs to force Ds to respect his stretching the field on any play. If V Jackson develops into what I think he could, it will add a whole new dimension to SD, and make Rivers that much better.

Leonard does the same thing for SJax that Turner does for LT - gives him a legit rest while still allowing him to be the plow horse. That's not a bad thing, and doesn't force either guy to play injured - which can amplify an injury, sometimes badly.

Psst, the above comes from someone who drafted Leonard with the 2.03 in a dynasty rookie draft. :D

Psst, the above comes from someone who drafted Leonard with the 2.03 in a dynasty rookie draft. :D

That was before the NFL draft was held, and I was hoping GB would be smart enough to take him with their 2nd rounder. I think Leonard would have performed very well as GB's #1 RB, and the fans would have loved him. Instead he got drafted into just about the worst situation possible for him.

Does anyone know if Leonard will be SJax's legitimate backup? In other words, is Leonard SJax's handcuff?

I've always just assumed but wasn't sure since there are a couple of other RBs listed... Kay-Jay Harris, Stephen Davis, and Travis Minor.

Harris compares best with SJax's height and weight.

Davis is over the hill.

Minor is pretty small to take over SJax's load.

Leonard might just end being a FB with one of the other RBs filling for SJax should he go down? :D

That was before the NFL draft was held, and I was hoping GB would be smart enough to take him with their 2nd rounder. I think Leonard would have performed very well as GB's #1 RB, and the fans would have loved him. Instead he got drafted into just about the worst situation possible for him.

No I meant Perch took Leonard in a dynasty draft... sorry, that was sorta confusing. :D

Frank Gore.

This has man crush written all over it. Everywhere I look on these pages it is Gore, Gore, Gore by this guy. At last he backed it up by taking him over SJax. :D

If we ever hear of a stalker of Gore, we better see if he has been posting lately.