[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas vs. Indy ...right now

hooknladder

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What I saw of Jones & Barber was the exact same crap we saw last year (despite assurances that Jackie Gleason - er, Wade Phillips would use Jones more). Jones between the 20s & Barber in the red zone and on passing downs.

Good luck with that again this year, Jones & Barber owners. I'm glad I'm not counted among your ranks in any league I play in.

Enjoy your year in the sun - that D isn't going to stop anyone & Ugoh is a sieve at OT.

Well, you said last year that Addai would not be a good NFL running back. wrong.

you said the D was awful. they did just fine in the play-offs.

You couldn't even get your homer team's RB situation right.

Let's just say I don't put a lot of stock in your "analysis".

Edited by CaptainHook

Well, you said last year that Addai would not be a good NFL running back. wrong.

you said the D was awful. they did just fine in the play-offs.

You couldn't even get you homer team's RB situation right.

Let's just say I don't put a lot of stock in your "analysis".

Since you don't have any problem constantly pushing the past, you won't mind this year when I'm bumping crap as IND falls by the wayside as a contender, do you?

The D was awful last year - 32nd in most relevent run D categories. IND caught a break in that they played two offensively inept teams in the playoffs - BAL & CHI, either of which would have beaten IND with even a mediocre O, a KC O that kept shooting itself in the foot every time it touched the ball, and survived a shootout with NE. And even though they were 32nd in the league last year against the run, they look to be even worse this year.

Like I said, enjoy it while you can. Don't waste your time spilling your bitter feelings about what you know to be true and the coming of a mediocre year (or it would be if any other team in the division were even average).

Any team that loses it's top two DT's (Simon, Reagor) and their best safeties (Doss, Sanders), might struggle with the run, don't you think? But somehow they found a way to overcome.

Yes, the Colts were lucky all through the play-offs. :D

I've never said I thought the Colts were going to re-peat. Hell, I didn't think they could win it last year. But they did. The Donkeys couldn't even make the play-offs. And none of that erases the fact that you didn't get a single prediciton right last year. About my team OR yours. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

And none of that erases the fact that you didn't get a single prediciton right last year.

Billy was also dead-wrong about Peyton "choking" in the SB last year.

But I agree that the Colts are going to be bad against the run this year. Hopefully they'll surprise me.

Billy was also dead-wrong about Peyton "choking" in the SB last year.

But I agree that the Colts are going to be bad against the run this year. Hopefully they'll surprise me.

The rookie, Ed Johnson, actually played very well. He had 6 tackles, 2 sacks, and a FF. I can't imagine the Colts will stand pat since the had to put Booger on IR. I could see another trade, and I'm sure they will be scouring the waiver wire. Last night, Mathis and Sanders didn't play. Freeney barely played. They forced a three and out on the second series after giving up a long opening drive, but the scrub idiot DE decides to spear Romo after the sack, and gives them a first down.

I thought Marlin Jackson looked very good, and Keiaho was too, besides one missed tackle. Hopefully Sanders can stay healthy this year. It is a contract year for him . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

The rookie, Ed Johnson, actually played very well. He had 6 tackles, 2 sacks, and a FF. I can't imagine the Colts will stand pat since the had to put Booger on IR. I could see another trade, and I'm sure they will be scouring the waiver wire.

I agree. I'm sure that Dungy would love to have Sapp and that the Raiders would love to unload him, but his contract is too big. I wouldn't be surprised if Polian is trying to convince Dungy to take a chance on Tank Johnson right now.

I agree. I'm sure that Dungy would love to have Sapp and that the Raiders would love to unload him, but his contract is too big. I wouldn't be surprised if Polian is trying to convince Dungy to take a chance on Tank Johnson right now.

rumblings in local paper were that Sapp might be a cap casualty in Oakland, making him a free agent. If that happened, I'm sure the Colts would come calling. They'd have to wait 8 games for Tank . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

You guys have a lot bigger problem than your DTs. Ugoh sucks. There is no pretty way to put it. Unless he gets better by a very wide margin, the IND isn't going to function anywhere near the way it has in the recent past.

this based on a couple series in a preseason game against Dallas where he didn't give up a sack? Manning was only in on one series and they drove right down to the red zone. Yup. We're screwed. :D

Way too premature for this statement. Did you follow him at Arkansas?

no. Billy did not. He said the same thing about Addai last year. You see, when the Colts beat the living crap out of his favorite team two years in a row in the play-offs, he kinda got a little bitter towards them. So now, anyone they select "sucks", and when the win the Super Bowl, they are "lucky". :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Please don't presume to speak for me, even though I'm speaking of your beloved Colts in other than doe-eyed lovey-dovey terms that indicate that they are the best team that ever trod upon a football field.

It doesn't matter what Ugoh did in Arkansas - he's not playing against college kids anymore. He's playing against guys who are every bit as big & strong as he is, but also understand leverage & are a lot quicker.

Ugoh's footwork is terrible (he actually tripped himself last night because he crossed his feet) and he plays with his pads exceptionally high - there's no bend at the knees at all. His initial punch & strength may have worked on college kids, but they won't work at this level, and he was beaten regularly last night because of his poor posture & technique. We won't even go into that he's slow on the snap count - that can be learned as he gets used to Manning's cadence.

And I wouldn't get too smug about Addai just yet - there's still no evidence at all that he can be a stud featured RB in the NFL. As I've posted elsewhere, his performance dropped significantly in games where he got extensive carries, and his performance also dropped as he got deeper into the season. He can play at this level - no doubt. Can he absorb 350 touches or more at this level and maintain his part time performance standards? No one knows the answer to that, yet.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Please don't presume to speak for me, even though I'm speaking of your beloved Colts in other than doe-eyed lovey-dovey terms that indicate that they are the best team that ever trod upon a football field.

It doesn't matter what Ugoh did in Arkansas - he's not playing against college kids anymore. He's playing against guys who are evrey bit as big & strong as he is, but also understand leverage & are a lot quicker.

Ugoh's footwork is terrible (he actually tripped himself last night because he crossed his feet) and he plays with his pads exceptionally high - there's no bend at the knees at all. His initial punch & strength may have worked on college kids, but they won't work at this level, and he was beaten regularly last night because of his poor posture & technique. We won't even go into that he's slow on the snap count - that can be learned as he gets used to Manning's cadence.

How many sacks did he give up?

First ever NFL start, and the Colts drive down the field on their first posession and kick a FG.

You also said Addai ran too upright last year . . . blah, blah, blah. You don't know what you are talking about. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

It doesn't matter what Ugoh did in Arkansas - he's not playing against college kids anymore. He's playing against guys who are evrey bit as big & strong as he is, but also understand leverage & are a lot quicker.

Many thought Indy would lose to KC in the playoffs last yr, as the Chiefs would just ram LJ down their throat, then they were down what 3 TDs at the half vs NE, and won that game too. I don't doubt teams that have that kind of resolve. They played their best ball of the season when it mattered most. And something tells me they will be in the playoff hunt again this yr, and these youngsters, and new starters will have some experience by then.

How many sacks did he give up?

You also said Addai ran too upright last year . . . blah, blah, blah. You don't know what you are talking about. . .

:D How many hurries did the IND QB have?

If you don't want to hear the truth, don't read the thread.

If you don't want to hear the truth, don't read the thread.

If you're going to make judgements on a player based on two series of his first EVER pre-season game, it shows you don't have a clue.

Do I think Ugoh is going to be as good as Tarik Glenn? Of course not. I've already posted how the Colts fared without Glenn back in 2002, with Makoa Freitas (who????) at LT. You said the Colts offense would suffer without Glenn. I showed that it did not. But you decided not to respond to that one.

Edited by CaptainHook

I counted one on Peyton near the endzone, although he still had a few seconds in the pocket. I also saw Peyton sit in the pocket for about four seconds before hitting Marvin on a 28-yd crossing route.

Yep, looks like they're screwed. :D