[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Slingbox!

Goopster24

I searched for this on here and there wasn't much discussion about it. I just bought one for my house and I will be using at school this year. Mainly for Cubs games, but possibly if Bears games aren't be broadcasted in my area. This thing is awesome and I am going to use it on the road and anywhere in general. It is very easy to setup and all. The only bad thing is I don't have DirectTV at home and won't have Sunday Ticket. It would be nice to have it to watch other games. But we have Sunday Ticket in my house on one TV, but I won't be watching games there. I will watch Bears games in my room with my roommate. That said, this thing is easily one of the best gadgets out there and I highly recommend it!

I searched for this on here and there wasn't much discussion about it. I just bought one for my house and I will be using at school this year. Mainly for Cubs games, but possibly if Bears games aren't be broadcasted in my area. This thing is awesome and I am going to use it on the road and anywhere in general. It is very easy to setup and all. The only bad thing is I don't have DirectTV at home and won't have Sunday Ticket. It would be nice to have it to watch other games. But we have Sunday Ticket in my house on one TV, but I won't be watching games there. I will watch Bears games in my room with my roommate. That said, this thing is easily one of the best gadgets out there and I highly recommend it!

Goop, I wished you asked before you bought. This PCTV ToGo... is fantastic. No modem required, it's built in. I've had it for a month or so. Had a few problems, but their tech support is fantastic! Bought it initially for $225 @ BB, then the next week it was on sale @ CC for $199, so I went back to BB and got the refund.

Yeah, Slingbox is pretty sweet. I'm gonna have to check out robn's PCTV ToGo...:D

W/ Slingbox, you have to get a plug in the wall wireless (+$100). The PCTV TOGO has it built in. The trouble I had, turned out to be my PCMCIA modem. I trouble shooted it, and reconnected w/ the built in modem. No problems. Plus, my main PC (not wireless) gets the same signal, so I don't have to go wireless w/ that, so it gives me full capabilities, i.e. full remote, recording (PVR), and a picture that is great. Hell, buy either, try it out, take it back, try the other and decide. I will agree w/ Goop, it is an amazing Technology!

W/ Slingbox, you have to get a plug in the wall wireless (+$100). The PCTV TOGO has it built in. The trouble I had, turned out to be my PCMCIA modem. I trouble shooted it, and reconnected w/ the built in modem. No problems. Plus, my main PC (not wireless) gets the same signal, so I don't have to go wireless w/ that, so it gives me full capabilities, i.e. full remote, recording (PVR), and a picture that is great. Hell, buy either, try it out, take it back, try the other and decide. I will agree w/ Goop, it is an amazing Technology!

Do I need Windows Media Center to run PCTV TOGO?

Do I need Windows Media Center to run PCTV TOGO?

Nope! I have XP Pro SP2. Not sure what more Media Center would do, as I can set it with the on screen remote to record to my Comcast DVR, or the pull down for immediate recording to my HD. Maybe MC allows you to time record to the local HD. :D Regardless it suits my purpose.