[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fed cuts!

sundaynfl

Wow!! Just as I predicted with liquidity injections not helping the market the Fed cut it's rate... Watch the market take off today... just like I predicted yesterday :pats self on back:

Edited to add:

BLOOMBERG

"The central bank reduced the rate at which it makes direct loans to banks by 0.5 percentage point to 5.75 percent. Policy makers kept their benchmark federal funds rate target unchanged at 5.25 percent. It's the first reduction in borrowing costs between scheduled meetings of the Federal Open Market Committee since 2001 and Ben S. Bernanke's first as Fed chairman. "

Edited by sundaynfl

The US has taken the lead and it has helped to stabilize the European markets this morning and I would expect it to stabilize the Asain markets as well. This being a Friday, I hope that the gains we will see this morning hold... many investors may not want to be long on the weekend.

But if you really believe that this is a market correction, which I think it is with a little help from the sub-prime mess, won't it ultimately slow down the correction dragging it down further. The Stock Market took off over the last three months with little to no real correction. The money had to run out sometime and the sub-prime mess made it come to the top early instead of in the fall.

We should cut the Fed. Central banking and printing money like it was candy with no real value are what will destroy America.

Shhhh...the American economy is a pyramid scheme (you have seen the pyramid on our currency right?), and it's working as long as everyone believes in it. Keep hope alive. :D