[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#7 or #8 pick 1st RD - NON-PPR

hagler

NON-PPR 12-team League

Standard Performance scoring.

At the #7 or #8 Pick - Assuming Peyton Manning gets taken early (5th or 6th)......

Here are the possible RBs available (LT, SJax, Gore & LJ being the only definite RBs gone):

SA

Addai

FWP

Westbrook

How would you rank them? and why?

SA - Solid TD machine or slowing down and not worth the risk in 1st RD?

Addai - "Edge" type numbers or weary of a full-load?

FWP - Opens up his game or worried about goal-line carries being stolen?

Westbrook - Dynamic....But, Injury concerns....also, potential of a rookie QB if McNabb goes down--

I'm sure a lot of people are stuck deciding between these 4 also ---have to prepare if these are the available RBS........

Curious to thoughts on this....

I'm in your same boat. I DO worry about all those guys, which makes me ask this. Have you thought about Rudi Johnson at #7/8? He seems the most reliable, KNOWN commodity in that range. No injury issues and his track record seems to almost guarantee ~1300 yards and 10+ touchdowns for this season. If someone offered you those numbers right now out of your #7 pick, would you pass them up? If Alexander was definitely there (which he COULD be), then I would think about that. The rest I would leave as someone else's headache/worry.

I'd rank those four Addai, Alexander, Westbrook, and Parker. And, if you tossed Rudi Johnson into the argument, I'd put him between Westbrook and Parker. I love Addai's potential. Alot of people are afraid he cannot handle a full-time load, but that has been said about many RBs who ended up being studs (i.e Priest Holmes going from Baltimore to K.C). Alexander has likely lost a stop due to age and injuries, and he doesn't have the same o-line in front of him that he had two years ago. But, the Seahawks defense has improve significantly, IMO, meaning their offense will be able to play a little more conservatively. And, with DJax and Stevens gone, Alexander WILL get a majority of the touches near the goal-line. Westbrook was an absolute stud last season prior to his injury, but since both he and McNabb are returning from being injured, you have to be a little cautious with both of them (i.e you cannot absolutely count on McNabb to take pressure off of Westbrook, and vice versa). Regarding Parker, I think Big Ben will have a bounce-back year, given he now has three pretty good receivers, so Parker will not be featured as much in the offense.