[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post Office doing away with Collection boxes

jaxfactor

The week before my vacation started, a few of us(those that have collection boxes on their routes) were called into station manager's office. She said that in 6 months, the PO will do away with all collection boxes. Now this is some really stupid sh*t IMO. The reason for this is supposedly the gas prices and the cost for a guy that specifically drives around collecting the mail. Now we as carriers used to pull our own CBs, but the PO did away with that to save time. We always pulled our own CBs AND they had a late afternoon pull done by a collection driver. Now this excuse of saving gas is complete bullsega. One of my fellow carriers asked the boss,"why don't you keep the boxes there and we'll go back to pulling them. We drive right past them anyway on our routes." No comment from the manager, which tells me right away this is bullsega. I mean, what the hell are they trying to prove?. Even the office buildings which have boxes and mail chutes built into the walls are no longer going to be able to use these. Now what the hell are busineses supposed to do after their mailman gets there? I guess just wait till the next day or carry it to the PO yourself. Our new motto should be,

"We don't give a sh*t for you". It's crazy. Now, for years certain politicians have been trying to privatize the PO and mail delivery in general. It hasen't happened and didn't think it would. I really believe there is a hidden agenda going on between the PM General and certain politicians. I mean, how obvious can you be? How can the PO just say"f*ck it" when it comes to collecting mail? Oh, I went by where one of my 3 collection boxes were on my route while I was on vacation(I live in the same zone). It was gone. What happened to 6 months? More bullsega!

Our station manager expects the carriers to inform the public and use that bullsh*t excuse. All I'm going to do is give them the number to call . Guaranteed the phone lines at the PO are probably ringing off the hook. It's complete suicide to take away the blue boxes that people have used for years and years.

Now I have a guy in my local who said he mailed his dues to me locally on Monday. Here it is Saturday and I never got it. I wonder if it's sitting in an office collection box(his office has one) collecting dust. Just giving you all the heads up on this as alot of you I'm sure work in office complexes that rely on the USPS to pick up your mail via CBs. I have an office complex on my route and the people in there are pissed and I don't blame them. I'm pissed too! So please don't take this out on your mail carrier as we are the ones that care(well, most of us anyway). We just have to abide by the rules these bastages make no matter how stupid, silly, or suicidal they are.

I have 10 years left before I retire. I hope the PO is still around but the way they're going, I seriously doubt it.

Is this a nationwide change, or just local? :D

The excuse is the gas prices, so I would imagine it will be nationwide. I'll find out for sure on Monday. I'll ask my boss but I may just get another bullsh*t answer. Did you ever get that problem with the barcode worked out?

The excuse is the gas prices, so I would imagine it will be nationwide. I'll find out for sure on Monday. I'll ask my boss but I may just get another bullsh*t answer. Did you ever get that problem with the barcode worked out?

Any word on whether this is a local or nationwide change?

I asked a friend of mine in the PO about this.

He said that around here they are slowly removing them (but doesn't know if they are completely getting rid of them).

His 'theory' is that homeland security see them as too much of a risk for random bombs and is forcing the PO to get rid of them.

Is this a nationwide change, or just local? :D

Sorry for the slow reply. I've been busy as sh*t . I talked to my boss a couple days ago and asked, "is this blue box thing going to be nationwide, or just local?" She replies, like the dizzy biatch she is, "what blue box thing?". I explained what she had told us all just a couple weeks ago. She said that they're not removing all of them, just some. Well, that sure wasn't what she told us. So that's good news. They only removed one of the 3 on my route and of course picked the wrong one to remove. I'll see if I can get them to move the one that should have been removed into that location. So, sorry all to have probably opened up a can of worms but I was just relaying what I was originally told.

How ya doin otherwise?

Just been really busy since I went back to work. Doing household chores when I get home sure doesn't leave me as much time as I'd like hangin' out with all of you momos. But I feel good. I'm kind of glad to be single again. I have 4 FF drafts coming up, two this weekend(Fri night and Sunday). Got some errands to run after work tomorrow and have to be home for my draft. Thank God for football season. It will keep me occupied.