[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you draft like this?

MPetro

I took Harrison/Wayne at the bend (1-12 and 2-01) in a 12 team serp redraft - WCOFF scoring.

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't especially in a league that allows 3 RBs to start.

Plus your top 2 players are WRs with the same bye week. You have pretty much committed to RB/RB at the 36/37 spot, probably won't be much there. Could take a top QB or Gates (if he's still there) but your probably in trouble unless you hit on a late RB sleeper.

Good luck :D

I ended up with a stable of:

McAllister

Jordan

Betts

Foster

Mike Bell

Its actually better than I would have expected.

On the upside Betts looks better every day with Portis' knee, Jordan looked good the other night., Foster is starting and Henry is dinged.

What did you end up with besides the Colts at WR and for QB & TE?

Its actually better than I would have expected.

On the upside Betts looks better every day with Portis' knee, Jordan looked good the other night., Foster is starting and Henry is dinged.

What did you end up with besides the Colts at WR and for QB & TE?

I ended up with Harrison/Wayne/Clayton/Mason/Burleson/Engram/Washington/Bryant

Here's the entire draft:

1.12 12 MPetro Harrison, Marvin IND WR

2.01 13 MPetro Wayne, Reggie IND WR

I had this first turn in my heart like this all week long. I get the yardage, PPR and TD's I want here from my WR's. I knew this would raise a few eyebrows. It won't be fun watching Colts games this year as you play against me.

3.12 36 MPetro Jordan, Lamont OAK RB

4.01 37 MPetro McAllister, Deuce NOS RB

I thought long and hard about the difference between taking the two best RB's at the first turn v. taking the two best RB's at the second turn. McGahee/Rudi is not going to be that much better than these two and I got my steady-eddie sure thing WR's in their place. Jordan is off everyones radar this year. But just two years ago he was PPR gold (70 recepts) and chipped in 1500+ and 11 TD's. If Deuce can land 8-10 TD's and Jordan can land 8-10 TD's, I have a worthy set of power RB's here with Jordan's PPR potential (he has excellent hands) as my wild card. Couldn't have been happier here.

5.12 60 MPetro Clayton, Mark BAL WR

6.01 61 MPetro Betts, Ladell WAS RB

I got both Clayton and Mason, so I figure one of those two is going to end up a WR1 for the Ravens. Clayton is a breakout candidate, a solid WR3. Betts is no sure thing as a starter but I am certain he will get his share of reps. He is also decent (53) PPR fodder.

7.12 84 MPetro Foster, De'shaun CAR RB

8.01 85 MPetro Bell, Mike DEN RB

I had another WR (Holmes) pegged here but he flew away. I wanted more RB depth since I left some risk out there with Jordan. I figure one of these two may end up panning out. I was hoping for worse news on Travis Henry. I love the potential of Foster in the new zone blocking scheme. He looks real strong this year so far.

9.12 108 MPetro Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

10.01 109 MPetro Cutler, Jay DEN QB

My homer pick Can't watch a Steelers game without getting pumped for my defense! I left Dallas on the table here, who I really like slightly better this year. But I'll be rooting for the Black-n-Gold hard here and there is talent in this unit. Cutler was not on my radar. I didn't expect to see him here and I really wanted Ben here. They say he has all the tools and makes all the throws. I hope so.

11.12 132 MPetro Mason, Derrick BAL WR

12.01 133 MPetro Culpepper, Daunte OAK QB

Culpepper is a wild card. He was hurt in 2005 and his injury was with 3 different ligaments in his knee. I figured that last year his knee never healed in time for the season and he forced it too soon. So down goes a second straight season. If he gets back to even a semblance of his 2004 self (4700 and 39 TD's), then Daunte is an absolute steal. I also figured he wants to prove himself. Nobody wants to give him a chance .... except me!

13.12 156 MPetro Daniels, Owen HOU TE

14.01 157 MPetro Olsen, Greg CHI TE

One or both of these guys could surprise ... or bust!

15.12 180 MPetro Burleson, Nate SEA WR

16.01 181 MPetro Engram, Bobby SEA WR

One or both of these guys could surprise ... or bust!

17.12 204 MPetro Washington, Nate PIT WR

18.01 205 MPetro Johnson, Bryant ARI WR

Both are WR3's on their respective teams, but both teams could air it out alot this year. Either one is a depth chart injury away from starting.

19.12 228 MPetro Hanson, Jason DET PK

20.01 229 MPetro Quinn, Brady CLE QB

Hanson should be a benefactor of an offense that moves the ball into opposing territory very regularly. He should get plenty of chances this year. I am one who thinks Brady Quinn will be starting real soon. The Browns have some 1st round threats in Edwards and Winslow. The fans of Cleveland have waited a long time for a QB, and they'll be booing Frye and Anderson (marginal talents with no upside) right off the field as soon as they suck ... which will be Week 1 against my Steelers. I was glad to get Quinn here as perhaps a deep long-shot stud QB.

My team has already been roundly criticized, but let's not forget I drafted 12th. The odds are already against me. I took some gambles but was satisfied that my gambles have a chance to pan out. It won't be fun to play my team when Manning and Company are in a zone! And man, if Culpepper and Jordan return to form I have a very real chance to surprise in this bracket. These two players have had past success, are still young enough, are tough players, and both have tremendous pride. Go Raiders! Go Steelers!

Edited by MPetro

I ended up with Harrison/Wayne/Clayton/Mason/Burleson/Engram/Washington/Bryant

Ummmm, interesting decision to take 2 WRs from 3 different teams. Not terrible but you may get hammered on the Colts bye and if Manning has an off week.

You probably could have done better at QB if you had skipped the Bell pick at 8 and gone QB. Cutler should be serviceable, C-pep, I don't like, Quinn was a waste IMO

Edited by Zooty

I took Harrison/Wayne at the bend (1-12 and 2-01) in a 12 team serp redraft - WCOFF scoring.

Any thoughts?

My hunch is that Jordan/Deuce will score very close to the same numbers as McGahee/Rudi in a PPR format

That's going to be very interesting to watch play out. I wouldn't have done it but you may have had some luck with getting Betts and it looks as though Foster has plans to be the main guy in Car. Lamont concerns me but overall with that stable of RBs there's a good chance something works out.

At the 12-13 turn why would I draft 2 WRs from the same team when surely there is another WR out there that is the equivalent of one of them? Seems like a dumb idea to me.

Well, like I said ... it is a calculated gamble.

I hate TO's hammy/groin issues.

I hate Steve Smith's TD standard deviation.

I hate Chad Johnson's mouth. He is going to get KO'd again.

Fitz and Roy were my only other choices.

I don't agree with this. If you want 2 WRs here, you really can't take 2 from the same team. Suck it up and take CJ (despite his mouth) or Smith (and live with the ups and downs). What about Holt? Roy would have been OK as well.

If you were going to double up on WRs there you can't let your emotions make the picks for you. Don't get me wrong Harrison and Wayne are great WRs but they should not have been taken that high or together. If you're going to double up taking S Smith and CJ is advised.

Let this post serve as an example of when and how to talk about who you drafted. I hope all the rookies are looking at this post.

Good point. However, the actual players drafted, in the spots they were taken and the rationale as to why they were drafted there should not serve as an example of what to do. :D

I don't agree with this. If you want 2 WRs here, you really can't take 2 from the same team. Suck it up and take CJ (despite his mouth) or Smith (and live with the ups and downs). What about Holt? Roy would have been OK as well.

Actually, Harrison/Wayne scored 1st and 4th overall last year in this scoring format.

Think about this ... it's Monday night ... you are playing against my team ... I have Harrison/Wayne going against you ... how do you feel when the Colts offense takes the field?

Actually, Harrison/Wayne scored 1st and 4th overall last year in this scoring format.

Think about this ... it's Monday night ... you are playing against my team ... I have Harrison/Wayne going against you ... how do you feel when the Colts offense takes the field?

Pretty good, I have Manning and 6 pts per TD :D