[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 QB league

geeteebee

I'm joining a league this year that is drafting on Saturday. It is a 10 team league that has some pretty funky rules, such as drafting a team DEF but also 1 IDP. The most unique feature is that you start 2 QBs. I've never played in a league like this and want to know how much of a premium does that place on the top tier QBs. Scoring is 1/40 and 6/td. Receiving is 1/20, rushing 1/10. TE is mandatory and their scoring is the same as receivers, no PPR. It is a draft, not an auction. In a 10 team league I usually wait to get my qb until round 5-8 depending on who is there, but with the 2 QB requirement should I consider a top teir guy like Manning or Palmer in rounds 1-3. Draft slots aren't drawn until draft day so i don't know if I'll be at 1 or 10. If I am at the tail end would I be stupid to consider Manning in the first round? Does the lower scoring per yard downgrade the QB enough to warrant waiting?

Rosters are very small with 11 starters and only 4 bench spots to encourage add/drops (there are fees involved) so I will pay more attention to bye weeks than normal because i won't want to have to drop somebody or take a zero just because I have too many guys on bye.

Receivers, with 1/20 aren't going to score nearly as much as my other leagues where they get 1/10 but does that mean I wait on them or should I make sure i get a top tier guy who will distance himself from the pack? I think it means I should wait on them, but I do have to start at least 2 and most likely 3.

Starting requirements are QB/QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX(WR or TE)/K/DEF/IDP.

Instead of going something like RB/RB/WR/WR/QB, I could very easily see something like RB/QB/RB/WR/QB or RB/RB/QB/QB/WR.

Anybody have any different thoughts?

I don't think you change your strategy at all. Draft your #1 QB as you normally would, and then, depending on who is available, draft your next QB in the following round or two. The only way I might adjust slightly is if you see the QB that you would normally draft in round 6 go in round 2 or 3, then you might want to draft a QB that you want earlier. The scoring doesn't favor QB's, so I wouldn't put too much stock into drafting QB's too early. JMHO.

I don't think you change your strategy at all. Draft your #1 QB as you normally would, and then, depending on who is available, draft your next QB in the following round or two. The only way I might adjust slightly is if you see the QB that you would normally draft in round 6 go in round 2 or 3, then you might want to draft a QB that you want earlier. The scoring doesn't favor QB's, so I wouldn't put too much stock into drafting QB's too early. JMHO.

Agree with H1 here. Of course, if Manning somehow slips, perhaps you consider grabbing him. But I seriously doubt that'd happen in this format.

Can you play QB at the flex? EDIT: I see not...

People might think I am nuts, but I think there are a lot of players this year at RB that can be had later in the draft. What is your draft slot?

I would not be afraid to hit the QBs early, and I would definitely wait more on the WRs with that scoring.

Try to get your hands on guys like Deuce, J Lewis, L Jordan, J Jones, M Barber, D Willaims, D Foster, ETC., but I would not be afraid to grab QBs in rounds 1-3. Again, depending on where you are drafting.

Edited by Caveman_Nick