[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Boston in trouble again

PaulOttCarruth

I have a feeling charges will be dropped.

In my state cops are issuing DUIs left and right whether your BAC is 0.00, 0.02, or 0.08. It's the new thing...protect and serve and cite people for DUIs at any given chance. I'm guessing he will get charges reduced.

Another for lawsuit against the police department

Really? I think it was BS, but I doubt they get sued.

This is what cops do these days...this is almost an exact replay of when my buddy got a DUI a few months back (except he was half the legal limit). He got it reduced to a negligent, but I'm screwed him up something fierce financially. It's BS, cops are under an incredible amount of pressure to cite DUIs, and they are messing with people's lives when they don't use proper discretion. My days of drinking one beer and getting behind the wheel are done.

Edited by bushwacked

Wow, he passed every single test and still got arrested. And I dont buy the whole sleeping in a parking lot with the car on. This is Florida people and its August (Hot Hot Hot). I really hope his urine sample comes back negative so he can thorw it all back in their faces.

Really? I think it was BS, but I doubt they get sued.

Boston probably has the cash flow to afford the lawyers, but I (unfortunately) agree.

This is what cops do these days...this is almost an exact replay of when my buddy got a DUI a few months back (except he was half the legal limit). He got it reduced to a negligent, but I'm screwed him up something fierce financially. It's BS, cops are under an incredible amount of pressure to cite DUIs, and they are messing with people's lives when they don't use proper discretion.

I grew up in an area where you didn't dare go even 5 over the speed limit at the end of the month (speeding ticket quotas). I agree that it's completely messed up... and a DUI is a hell of a lot more serious than a speeding ticket.

My days of drinking one beer and getting behind the wheel are done.

The trick is to have a wife who likes to go watch football at the bar, but rarely drinks. :D

and a DUI is a hell of a lot more serious than a speeding ticket.

Yea, I don't think any of us want sloppy drunks out driving on the roads, but there is a fine, but tricky line, when it comes to cracking down hard on drunk drivers. This zero tolerance BS leaps over that line, IMO.

My buddy couldn't afford to hire a lawyer. A neg isn't that much better than a DUI.

I also thought it was insane for him to say something along the lines of Boston should be able to do all of these tests because he's a finely tuned athlete...

Boston said he has problems with his knees and ankles... Yet he still proceeds and proceeds.

Boston may still be a moran, but I doubt he was under the influence. He seemed of able mind.

Miami Herald

The 29-year-old was found slumped over the steering wheel of a red Range Rover on Thursday evening, police said.

The SUV was running and in drive. An officer woke up Boston, who said he was headed to Tampa International Airport.

I guess I'm missing the outrage over the arrest ...even if he was just passed out from exhaustion instead of passed out from drugs/alcohol with his vehicle in drive ... with his vehicle in drive, they may have kept him from killing himself and/or others. If it was exhaustion and he had no drugs in his system, they'll drop the charges when the tests come back. Either way, he doesn't have to deal with vehicular manslaughter charges because he got behind the wheel when he was unable to drive.

Time to wake up, David Boston ... for whatever reason ...

and Boston seemed clueless as to why this is all going on...

I actually feel bad for him..

I concur. Time will tell, but his Boston's body language sure seemed genuine to me. And there was no grounds (at least on the footage shown) for his arrest for DUI . . . for failure to comply with an officer perhaps . . . but DUI? no way.

Like what?...A seemingly sober guy wondering why he needs to do the drunk Olympic tests?

The officer even said that he doubted that he was "drunk" or under the influence of alcohol, im just saying that the effects of xanax wouldnt make you act the way David Boston was. He clearly was on some drug, vicodin, percocet, who knows, but im saying it wasnt xanax. It doesnt matter what tests the officer made him do, if those tests are requied for the officer to perform and are being recorded possibly to be reviewed by his boss to make sure hes doing his job right then what do you care? Its obvious he was on something seeing he had to be explained the tests numerous times and decided to ranomly walk away. He was late on all his responses and had Sega! balance on the test while lifting his leg.

The officer even said that he doubted that he was "drunk" or under the influence of alcohol, im just saying that the effects of xanax wouldnt make you act the way David Boston was. He clearly was on some drug, vicodin, percocet, who knows, but im saying it wasnt xanax. It doesnt matter what tests the officer made him do, if those tests are requied for the officer to perform and are being recorded possibly to be reviewed by his boss to make sure hes doing his job right then what do you care? Its obvious he was on something seeing he had to be explained the tests numerous times and decided to ranomly walk away. He was late on all his responses and had Sega! balance on the test while lifting his leg.

I havent seen the video. Sounds like he passed the field sobriety test which means absolutely nothing. These days cops use the field sobriety test as a time waster. Apparently they need to give you at least 15 minutes between when they observe "drunken" behavior and when they breathalize you. I was pulled over for DWI once, passed all of the tests and still got breathalized (.08 :D ). The test that they can use on you in court even if you visibly pass all of the physical test is the pupil test. It is totally subjective and not visible to the dash cam so its pretty much on the word of the officer. Its a load of horse $hit. DWI's destroy lives. They are being used as a vice tax for the evil drunk drivers despite the enormous stigma placed on anyone unfortunate enough to smell like alcohol.